USTC Lawsuite against Kukkiwon

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
Egotistical diatribe

The egotistical diatribe is when you admit that you know nothing about something and yet feel you need and are entitled to voice an opinion on it.

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
The current preident of the KKW has snubbed the USTC because they tried to keep him out of the KKW by trying to counter the Govt. takeover of the KKW.He is using his office to establish his own style of global KKW. That in my opinion is Korean Politics, Korean being the distinction not racial.But you are correct I could have said just politics except it would have no distinction.

When USTC, the KTA and others where opposing the Korean government's takeover of the Kukkiwon, President Kang wasn't even in the picture and wasn't considered a candidate for the position of President.

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
The USTC was more than vocal,they sent signed petitions,asked many dojang owners to get their students to sign petitions,that is no secret and President Lee was very upfront about the takeover.

The petitions came in from all over the world, not just from the US or USTC. I sat in the Kukkiwon President office and he had boxes of petitions neatly arranged in booklets. There were tens of thousands of names and signatures, maybe hundreds of thousands by the time it was over. It was I think a full time job just to organize that stuff.

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
You have to have a dojang to go to.

I have more students and students of students who have higher dan rank than you do and who have accomplished much more than you have or ever will. What have you ever done to improve taekwondo, other than voice opinions based on ZERO information?

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
You fought a battle and lost and now act surprised that the victors are seeking reprisal,you say the war is still on and you are predicting a win,thats fine.

Actually, it was a different battle, fought decades ago, which was won, and now the loser of the battle has come out and is trying to win, again. But that isn't something that you would know about.

In the meantime I say you are not going to get much cooperation from the KKW while this suit is going on.Whether it be USKKW or USTC, being that the head of those orgs is the same man.

We will see, perhaps real soon. And maybe if things do turn around perhaps we should seek reprisal against you. After all, that's how "korean politics" works, right? In fact, you would expect us to do that right? Or are you somehow different and entitled to special treatment?

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
First let me clear a few things up. I'm not arguing with you over anything..I merely asking you more details about your statements. Secondly I am not nor have I ever been a USTU member. I AM a USTC member and I'm pretty sure most people on here know that already. They also know that I am always keeping my ears open for feedback as to what we can do to help improve the organization. Will I defend it if I hear things being speaking unjustly about it? Yes.

Now onto the points at hand:
The USTC was more than vocal,they sent signed petitions,asked many dojang owners to get their students to sign petitions,that is no secret and President Lee was very upfront about the takeover.As to the 13 different countries that was thirteen people from different countries not thirteen different orgs.
I never said they were not vocal about it. I did say they were not the only ones. Also, so we are all on the same page it was not 13 people from different countries, it was 81 people from 13 different countries all of which belonged to their own individual TKD organization (Columbia, Japan, USA, Canada, Mexico, South Africa, Australia, Thailand, China/Taiwan - Don't remember off hand which country she was from, Uganda - I might be wrong on this but I know it was another African country, Spain, sorry...but my memory is failing at the last three countries represented, perhaps Glenn could fill that in).

Your trip was I am sure considered by the current administration to be USTC, or at least led by thaeir president. Is it the present KKW you are upset with or President Kang?
I am not personally upset with either of them. I do need to read more into the KOMS program but from I have heard and read so far, it does not seem like a program that will be a positive step for the KKW.

I did think the USKKW was established after your trip, so the petition was delivered to Korea from who?
No it was not established as of yet.Not sure who delivered it. However, it was not solely USTC members who signed it but non-USTC members as well as members from other countries. USTC may or may not have spearheaded the project but they were not the only dog in the fight.

Just to be clear I am still only voicing one lone opinion about a lawsuit, not really interested in arguing with two guys from the USTU.
Already explained this point.

You fought a battle and lost and now act surprised that the victors are seeking reprisal,you say the war is still on and you are predicting a win,thats fine. In the meantime I say you are not going to get much cooperation from the KKW while this suit is going on.Whether it be USKKW or USTC, being that the head of those orgs is the same man.
It was everyone who lost, but that is neither here nor there. Are we surprised that they KKW is not honoring the contract? Of course. It was a law-abiding contract entered in without direst from both parties. I guess that is just my naivety thinking that an organization that is supposed to promoting such things as honor and integrity fails to do so in its own business.

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
I never said they were not vocal about it. I did say they were not the only ones. Also, so we are all on the same page it was not 13 people from different countries, it was 81 people from 13 different countries all of which belonged to their own individual TKD organization (Columbia, Japan, USA, Canada, Mexico, South Africa, Australia, Thailand, China/Taiwan - Don't remember off hand which country she was from, Uganda - I might be wrong on this but I know it was another African country, Spain, sorry...but my memory is failing at the last three countries represented, perhaps Glenn could fill that in).

I need to look at the pictures again, but I know was the Olympic referee from Norway, Jessica. Another referee was from Hong Kong or Malaysia, I can't remember. There was another person who lives in Canada now but was originally from Tunisia.

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
It was everyone who lost, but that is neither here nor there. Are we surprised that they KKW is not honoring the contract? Of course. It was a law-abiding contract entered in without direst from both parties. I guess that is just my naivety thinking that an organization that is supposed to promoting such things as honor and integrity fails to do so in its own business.

Everyone did lose. As for the contract, the Taekwondo Promotion Act states quite clearly that the new Kukkiwon corporation assumes all responsibilities and obligations of the old Kukkiwon corporation, including honoring contracts. This includes big things like the lease agreement with the city of Seoul for the land, and also smaller things like printing contracts, water and electricity, etc.

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I need to look at the pictures again, but I know was the Olympic referee from Norway, Jessica. Another referee was from Hong Kong or Malaysia, I can't remember. There was another person who lives in Canada now but was originally from Tunisia.
I forgot Norway and Tunisia...the one from Hong Kong is Carmen Chui...she is the one I was referring to that I couldn't remember Taiwan or China...split the difference...Hong Kong. :)

Here is one of the group shots...http://www.facebook.com/FluffyBunnySlayer#!/photo.php?fbid=181899544628&set=t.722510044&theater

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
ATTENTION ALL USERS:

Please return to the original topic. Please cease the personal attacks and sniping.

If you find that you cannot tolerate a particular user, we strongly encourage you to make use of the "Ignore" feature.

jks9199
Super Moderator

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
Additionally, if you object to something someone said, report the post with the 'report post' button. That way, we are notified and can take a look. Posting retaliatory comments is generally not a good idea because it makes you part of the problem, rather than part of the solution, and the thread escalates further, without us knowing there is a problem.

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
Can I get a link please?
icon10.gif
Thanks.

I also asked this question. Is the filing online anywhere? If not and someone has a copy can they make it available to me and I'll host it? I assume as it's been filed in a court that it's a matter of public record?

I had a solicitor friend in the UK try to find it for me, but she doesn't generally deal with international law so was unable to find it. She is, however, now interested in reading a copy when I find it :)

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
I also asked this question. Is the filing online anywhere? If not and someone has a copy can they make it available to me and I'll host it? I assume as it's been filed in a court that it's a matter of public record?

I have a filed stamped copy.

Archtkd

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I have a filed stamped copy.

Has anyone out there looked at the docket of this case? Any updates, especially considering that USAT-MAC is now offering another round of KKW seminars? I thought the pending litigation would cause the KKW to temporarily halt such seminars.

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
Has anyone out there looked at the docket of this case? Any updates, especially considering that USAT-MAC is now offering another round of KKW seminars? I thought the pending litigation would cause the KKW to temporarily halt such seminars.

The Complaint was just served on the Kukkiwon in Korea.

msmitht

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Interesting. I wonder how this will effect the BIG 3 that the usat is planning. Poomsae seminar, kkw master course and a usat black belt testing. I was just asked to be on staff for the events.

Latest Discussions