How do I Apply for a skip dan online???

msmitht

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I have looked over the KKW web site many times. I have a student who has been a first dan since 2002. He went to college shortly after testing and trained there. He has been training ever since but with different instructors in various states. He is back and wants to test for 3rd(skip) but I can not find anything on how to aply online. I have already applied for many poom/dan online. I just can not find the info I need for skip dan.
Please help if you know the answer.

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have looked over the KKW web site many times. I have a student who has been a first dan since 2002. He went to college shortly after testing and trained there. He has been training ever since but with different instructors in various states. He is back and wants to test for 3rd(skip) but I can not find anything on how to aply online. I have already applied for many poom/dan online. I just can not find the info I need for skip dan.

As far as I know skip dans can only be applied using the old paperwork forms. Master George Petrotta (who seems more open with his Kukkiwon application process than most in the US) states on his website that skip dans can only be done using paper forms.

The last skip dan my grandmaster applied for was done using paper forms, but he still tends to do his that way so that they are sent via his grandmaster in Korea.

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've got a local copy of the online manual for kukkiwon promotions (as I find their website very difficult to find information on) and it specifically says in there that you can only increase an applicants grade one dan level per application.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

Curious to know, but did you try to do it online anyway? Change the rank drop down to 3rd, even though it defaults on 2nd when doing apply by poom/Dan.

I haven't done one yet, but I thought thats all that needed to be done along with payment for both dans (the skipped and the applied for).

Try it, and tell us if it worked.

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've never done online processing. How do you make payment? I saw that they want a wire transfer which is cost prohibitive.

Archtkd

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I've never done online processing. How do you make payment? I saw that they want a wire transfer which is cost prohibitive.

If we are talking about a regular application I use a credit card and there's no charge involved other than the Kukkiwon cost. It might be different with a skip dan, which I've never done.

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
If we are talking about a regular application I use a credit card and there's no charge involved other than the Kukkiwon cost.

I can use a credit card, no problem. Thanks for the info.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

Its credit card only. No wire transfer. After you are done filling out the apps, (which dont have to be all done at once), but when done and ready to submit you click pay now. They send you to an external link called eximbay or something like that. Then you just pay with your credit card. I was a little worried at first, but it was easy and so far so safe!

There is a conversion charge on my visa each time by Visa, but it has only been around $3 each time regardless of amount charged.

Latest Discussions