Kukkiwon Stuff..... Again.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
We have had several threads about this currently running. But this seemed to fall under its own dilly-yo.

A while back KKW had an open request for applicants to be representatives of an Overseas Branch. Well, here is some news on that. Ironically, check the name of the signatures!!!!!!

Corrupted Kukkiwon, cease opening foreign branch
dot.gif

dot.gif
atu11.bmp
dot.gif
dot.gif

'United States Taekwondo Grandmaster Society (USTGS)' and 'American Taekwondo United (ATU)', organizations who have been Taekwondo advocates for over 40 years in the United States are submitting a joint statement in concerns for Kukkiwon's status.

ATU and USTGS can no longer overlook Kukkiwon's corruption.

ATU and USTGS demand following requests to be met by Kukkiwon.

1. Kukkiwon officials who have criminal records for assault, fraud, and other incriminating acts must resign. By law, these officials should not be qualified to hold such positions. This must be done out of respect for Taekwondo practitioners from all over the world.

2. Current Kukkiwon officials need to stop misleading foreign Taekwondo masters by claiming Korean government is unfairly trying to take control of Kukkiwon. Kukkiwon officials who are sending out emails to foreign Taekwondo masters, is an act of defaming the image of Taekwondo.

3. By using current status of world Taekwondo as an excuse, officials need to stop trying to regain its leadership through sly actions. To have Kukkiwon Dan to be certified globally is a pride of Korea, the birth place of Taekwondo. However, this is a separate entity from the Olympics. Including the United States, other nations do not see obtaining their Dans through Kukkiwon as a necessity in order to be qualified as an Olympic athlete. An athlete becomes an Olympic athlete through experience and intense training. Officials who are aware of this fact but still relate Kukkiwon and the Olympics is not right.

4. Kukkiwon must make an announcement that Korean government will work towards improving Taekwondo and will not unnecessarily interfere with Kukiwon's operations.

5. Kukkiwon must stop its plan to open up a foreign branch.

6. Korean government, with Taekwondo special law (June 22nd, 2008) need to invalidate Kukkiwon's actions and officials unqualified actions done after the law was made and erase its records.

January 10th, 2010.

dot.gif

dot.gif
dot.gif
untitled72.bmp

OP
d1jinx

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
and speaking of the USTGS, notice everyone of them are Korean. So how much of an impact is this letter gonna have. Looking at thier website, it appears to be an exclusive group. Notice Sang Lee in the Bottom row....... hmmmmm conspriracy........

http://www.usgrandmasters.com/USTGS.html

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well here it is again, anything of any real importants, just kidding. I mean everyday it is something, when is it ever going to stop?

OP
d1jinx

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
speaking of....

Has anyone else had DAN problems lately? Between myself and 3 other instructors, about 10 submissions since 8-21-2009 have not been recieved yet or show processed on the website.

Are we the only ones with this problem?

For the record, 2 use USAT, one goes direct through the website. Still, a couple of first dans, 3 second dans, and one 4th dan should not take that long.

Jphtkd

Orange Belt
Reaction score
speaking of....

Has anyone else had DAN problems lately? Between myself and 3 other instructors, about 10 submissions since 8-21-2009 have not been recieved yet or show processed on the website.

Are we the only ones with this problem?

For the record, 2 use USAT, one goes direct through the website. Still, a couple of first dans, 3 second dans, and one 4th dan should not take that long.

I have processed 5 certificates since Sept. online, they all went through ok but they had no signature from the president on the certs., it just said Kukkiwon in script. It took about 10 weeks from sending the last online application to receiving them in the mail. They ranged from 1st poom to 3rd dan.

Dana

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I sent several dan applications in mid-November (via mail), including one skip dan that I forgot some related paperwork with. I got a telephone call from Kukkiwon staff two weeks later requesting the additional paperwork and once received, the dans were processed late December at regular time (showed up on-line shortly there after) and I received them in the mail one week ago.

I was impressed with their quick follow-up on my mistake (I had not sent in a skip dan for decades).

Dana

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
and speaking of the USTGS, notice everyone of them are Korean. So how much of an impact is this letter gonna have. Looking at thier website, it appears to be an exclusive group. Notice Sang Lee in the Bottom row....... hmmmmm conspriracy........

http://www.usgrandmasters.com/USTGS.html

I received an email from Sang Lee's group, US Taekwondo Committee, with the pro-KKW petition attached. I think the USTGS may have decided on a different course than the USTC. The USTC put on the Foreign Instructor Course and has advertised that it will put on 4 more in 2010. I also believe there are a lot of high-ranking Korean GMs who are members of both organizations.