USAT and the special promotion

KGTKD

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Has anyone checked the Kukkiwon website to see if their Dan is changed? I am assuming if the test results will be sent out this week, the results would be in the system by now, no?

Jphtkd

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Yup, No change in rank as of today. So I failed or they haven't gotten around to it yet.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I Have been told that the results will not be in the system until all applicants are notified by USAT, they maybe a while.

dortiz

Black Belt
Reaction score
USA Taekwondo May 05, 2009
May 5, 2009 - USA Taekwondo has been informed by Kukkiwon that the test results and certificates will be shipped from Korea this week. There is some misinformation and rumor being circulated that Kukkiwon had not been paid for the tests. This is absolutely false as Kukkiwon were paid in advance of the testing. Some minor financial adjustments were made in the month following the test. We apologize for the delay and are equally frustrated by the process. We hope to have certificates to you soon.

Lol! Rumor false? Minor adjustments? Oh well. Safe to say anything sent from korea will not be here for a while. Then they will send them out.

My only frustration is my USAT renewal was in the packet so now I am waiting for my membership. I would have taken the coaches course had it come in time. My fault but frustrating.
I am now comfortable with setting my expectations for August. A man can dream.

Dave O.

wade

Black Belt
Reaction score
dortiz, did you really send your USAT renewal by mail, really?

As for the rest, if you look back you will see where I said how long it would take to process all those applications and that all the people who were already claiming to having passed the test were, well, at best, wrong...........

Gee, it's not often some one really gets to say "I told you so" but to be honest, I am truly sorry that I was right.

Jphtkd

Orange Belt
Reaction score
USA Taekwondo May 05, 2009
May 5, 2009 - USA Taekwondo has been informed by Kukkiwon that the test results and certificates will be shipped from Korea this week. There is some misinformation and rumor being circulated that Kukkiwon had not been paid for the tests. This is absolutely false as Kukkiwon were paid in advance of the testing. Some minor financial adjustments were made in the month following the test. We apologize for the delay and are equally frustrated by the process. We hope to have certificates to you soon.

Lol! Rumor false? Minor adjustments? Oh well. Safe to say anything sent from korea will not be here for a while. Then they will send them out.

My only frustration is my USAT renewal was in the packet so now I am waiting for my membership. I would have taken the coaches course had it come in time. My fault but frustrating.
I am now comfortable with setting my expectations for August. A man can dream.

Dave O.

Send an email to USA Taekwondo, I had the same problem. They sent me my membership card right away after I emailed them.

dortiz

Black Belt
Reaction score
Yes really, Its why I have talked to Jennifer or someone there about it a few times. Is that odd?

I knew the test part would take forever. Kukkiwon stuff always took months.

Dave O.

Edit. Wade sorry to tee you off. I said "my error in my post". I was probably wrong in highlighting that response but it was funny and contradictory. I fully support the USAT and believe they are doing a great job. I grew up with some of the old schoolers so to me Kukkiwon rank has value. Again my apology.

Last edited:

wade

Black Belt
Reaction score
dortiz, first, I'm not really sure you "teed" me off as I have taken no exception to anything you have said so, no apology necessary, K?

As for using the mail, the USAT really hates using the mail for anything. If you want to sign up for something there is always and extra fee to do so if you do it by mail. Besides, with the net you can get pretty much instant gratification for what you want to do with them. Your AC course should take you about 4/6 weeks to get the results. If it takes longer then contact them. Check your personal site on the USAT website and you will know if you are current. You can also contact Jennifer again and let her know you want to take the AC and trust me, this young lady will go out of her way to help you. I have worked with her before and she is very professional in what she does. Once you take and pass the AC Jennifer will make sure it gets posted on "your" site. Once this is done you are good to go. When ever you go to a USAT event they can check and verify it on line. Add your picture and your Dan certificates and things get even easier.

Basic Kukkiwon time line, not going through the USAT.
1st-3rd Dan 4-6 weeks.
4th about 2/3 months
5th & 6th Dan, 6 months minimum, usually right on the nose.
7th Dan, mine was 8 months
Skip Dans, about 6 months

dortiz

Black Belt
Reaction score
Wade,
greatly appreciate it. It helps to know that. I am actually in favor of using the web. My last job had an online application process and I constantly dealt with calls from folks not contacted for months. Turned out unless first assigned through sales they just went to limbo. That got me in the habit of paper again. Knowing its all good I will certainly stick to what I too find to usually be a better way to go.

Thanks again,

Dave O.

NPTKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Okay.... I just checked the kukkiwon dan checker and mine has been updated as of 5/7/09..... It's about time... Good luck with the rest of you guy's...

Jphtkd

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Okay.... I just checked the kukkiwon dan checker and mine has been updated as of 5/7/09..... It's about time... Good luck with the rest of you guy's...

Mine has been updated as well, the new rank listed as of 4/22/09

NPTKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
yes.. mine also is 4/22/09 I just ment that as of today it was updated. Congradulations....

Jphtkd

Orange Belt
Reaction score
And for all the haters that said it was guaranteed as soon as your check cleared, I confirmed that one of the people I know did not pass.

dortiz

Black Belt
Reaction score
It is updated. I think the person that commented about certain dates for inputing promotions was right and the Kukkiwon was closed on the 5th so it got done yesterday.

Dave O.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congratulations! Now, for those with the ability to do so (whether as a result of this test or not), will you process KKW certificates for your students?

tkdarch1

White Belt
Reaction score
Mine was been updated from 4th to 5th. I did not receive the skip to 6th (refer to my earlier posts.) I had the time in, met all the req's and completely nailed the test, frankly, better than most. I feel I deserve an explanation.

I checked with 2 other friends so far, 1 has the same story as I do and the other doesn't appear to have passed, no change to his KKW.

I am still organizing my feelings about this. More later...

NPTKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I spoke with USAT today and there are alot of people who didn't pass or were given a lower dan then the tested for....

wade

Black Belt
Reaction score
First, if you have the time or the inclination, reread my post on page 3. Now, lets talk about skip dans. It doesn't matter how much time in grade you have, how awesome you are in sparring/forms/breaking yada yada yada. The killer here is "WHY' you want and think you deserve a skip dan.
Because you are awesome doesn't count. Because you have a million years TIG doesn't count. Because you got screwed by a former master doesn't count. In fact, 99% of the reasons people don't get skip dans, and trust me, very very few are ever handed out, is because their reasons are not good enough. That's it, flat out, nothing else. You have to have "just cause" to get that skip dan and if you don't you won't. The sad thing is that once your new rank goes into the system then that is when your new DOR begins and your one and only chance of getting a skip dan is now over. Yes, I know, some on you and you know who you are, know someone who knew someone who had a Friend who knew someone who swore to you that they did it so please, save you and me the trouble. I will agree in advance that no doubt, why yes indeedy I was wrong and your friend is right. Meanwhile, once again, congratulations to the ones who did pass.

Latest Discussions