USAT and the special promotion

troubleenuf

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Ive applied for two skip dans in the past 10 years or so.. agreed thats not many but both went through without a hitch... Dont remember having to come up with a big explanation for either... however both were for relatively low ranks as well.

First, if you have the time or the inclination, reread my post on page 3. Now, lets talk about skip dans. It doesn't matter how much time in grade you have, how awesome you are in sparring/forms/breaking yada yada yada. The killer here is "WHY' you want and think you deserve a skip dan.
Because you are awesome doesn't count. Because you have a million years TIG doesn't count. Because you got screwed by a former master doesn't count. In fact, 99% of the reasons people don't get skip dans, and trust me, very very few are ever handed out, is because their reasons are not good enough. That's it, flat out, nothing else. You have to have "just cause" to get that skip dan and if you don't you won't. The sad thing is that once your new rank goes into the system then that is when your new DOR begins and your one and only chance of getting a skip dan is now over. Yes, I know, some on you and you know who you are, know someone who knew someone who had a Friend who knew someone who swore to you that they did it so please, save you and me the trouble. I will agree in advance that no doubt, why yes indeedy I was wrong and your friend is right. Meanwhile, once again, congratulations to the ones who did pass.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hearty
Congratulations!

:partyon: :partyon:

Well done everyone :asian:

Jphtkd

Orange Belt
Reaction score
As some have stated, there were a few that did not belong at the test. There were also a lot of people that did belong there, and I had the honor of meeting some excellent martial artists during the seminar. To those of you that passed, congratulations.

Pass or fail, I hope that everyone who participated came home with the same resolve and renewed enthusiasm for training that I came home with. The experience of being in the same room with that many great Black Belts left me in awe, and reminded me of my First Dan testing. Everything I went through to make that test happen made it worth it for me. Being able to strip away my own ego and stand shoulder to shoulder with fellow Taekwondo Masters and learn from Master Park was an experience I won't soon forget.

NPTKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
life changing opertunity for me... Now I can process my student myself through kukkiwon,take the IR course and do the oversea's instructors course in July. I was teaching different forms a year ago. Spent long hours learning all the forms up to fifth for the test. Competed in the US open (sparring & forms) and tested. Now I have changed my whole school to Kukkiwon forms (130 students) competed in state (gold) and national quailifier (gold) now I beleave that I have a more then good chance to make the national poomsae team... All because of this test. My thanks go out to all the people who made this happen for us.