Uniform curiousity

fireman00

Brown Belt
Reaction score
all belt levels where traditional dobaks (black collars for black belts, all white for pre-blacks). Black belts can wear dojang approved t-shirts with white or black pants and belt. Korean and U.S. flags are optional but the U.S. flag must be on the left arm with the field of blue closest to the heart. We do both ITF and WTF but don't go with any patches. For anyone who has gone to the AAU Nationals we can wear the AAU uniforms. No foot wear allowed unless for a specific reason.

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Just thought I'd throw this out there, but I love gis and doboks :D I have at least 3 for each style I study and am always looking out for cool or different ones to add to the 'collection'. I have main ones I wear the most often, but I wear them all. Nothing too fancy, but different cuts and weights and such. I already have black belt gis picked out for when I attain that rank as well :lol: (I won't get them until I get the rank though, bad luck and all).

phatbway

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
@ my dojan we start with White uniforms (V neck or layover) with a TKD logo sewn on the left chest area of the GI and an American\Korean combo flag sewn to the right lower shoulder area.

Black, blue, red uniforms are encouraged, but definitely all white when testing, even the instructor wears white for the occasion.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I always tried to talk our instructor into allowing black pants for he kids...no dice...white it must be...

Latest Discussions