Tying hogu onto heavy bag

TKDHermit

Green Belt
Reaction score
Will doing this damage any part of the hogu? Like especially the shoulder area and the strings? I want to get used to kicking a hogu as well as reduce abrasions on my insteps but my hogu cost me ~ $100 [SGD], wouldn't want to damage it other by other means than kicking.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd reserve your hogu for it's proper purpose. The bag should condition you plenty for kicking the hogu.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I agree with JKS on this. There's plenty of surface area on a heavy bag to hit. Because of that, I doubt I'd recommend tying a hogu to a heavy bag even if money were'nt an issue.

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Will doing this damage any part of the hogu? Like especially the shoulder area and the strings? I want to get used to kicking a hogu as well as reduce abrasions on my insteps but my hogu cost me ~ $100 [SGD], wouldn't want to damage it other by other means than kicking.

Use your old beat up hogu

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I could see tieing one to 'Bob'...

Man Bob and the hogu are a point of interest to me, our Bob really does not mind having it own and the kids love to kick him all the time. Now with that being said sometimes Bob goes home with alot of bruises and has to miss a couple of classes when they hit him low and such. Just kidding I know we are talking dummy Bob here and we use it that way all the time.