Two First Place Trophies

Last Fearner

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
A while back, I mentioned that I was going to attend my intructor's Tournament in Huntsville, Alabama on Saturday, Feb 18, 2006. Grandmaster Al Smith, 8th Dan of the U.S. Chung Do Kwan Association celebrated his 38th year in Taekwondo. I began training with him 30 years ago.

Four days before the tournament I pulled a muscle in my back. However, I put an Icy-hot back patch on, took some tylenol, and drove from Michigan down to Alabama, all day Friday. On Saturday morning, I attended a referee seminar with Grandmaster Brenda Sell (president of the U.S. Chung Do Kwan Assoc. and wife of Sr. Grandmaster Ed Sell). I refereed at the tournament which contained Forms competition, point sparring, and Olympic rule sparring.

I then competed in the Executive Black Belt Forms, and Olympic Sparring, and won two 6' tall First Place Trophies. It was quite a moment for me, and for my instructor, GM Smith (I was going to post some pics here, but I don't see how to do that). On Sunday, I attended a Samurai Sword Seminar with 8th Degree Grandmaster James Covensky. We had a good time! A snow blizzard throughout Alabama, Tennessee, and Kentucky closed some roads, but I survived the trip back to Michigan Sunday night driving straight through!

Chief Master Eisenhart

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congratulations! That's a long trip, especially with a bad back and blizzard in the end!

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations! Maybe you should have one a trophy for marathons also! :) It sounds like a worth while trip away. Great news!

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations, sir! Sounds like ya had fun despite evrything.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations on a job well done in both areas. Howdid it feel standing there with those big trophies

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Great Job, your Grand Master must have been proud of your accomplishments.
By the way how is the back doing carring those tropheys.
Terry

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Congratulations, I am originally from Huntsville, Al. ROLL TIDE ROLL. I look forward to moving back there in the next three years.

V/R

Rick

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congratulations! Hope the back heals quickly (which will happen if you don't spend all day driving or carrying really large trophies :)

Miles

Latest Discussions