Cost coorruption USAT

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Has anybody looked into the cost now to be a USAT certified coach for world class athletes. level 1 $200.00 plus coaching cost, Level 2 $450.00 plus coaching fee's. They say this is about weeding out the not so basic fighters and only get the serious fighters, well in my opinion it only gives those with money the right to participate at these events. For a school owner I have to eat the cost if I want world class athlete's, so in return I would have to charge $150.00 - $250.00 a month for training those athlete, in my area of the woods some familys only make that much in a month. The USAT is holding the athletes at bay with all these fee's and making it a rich man game!!!!
Terry

MSUTKD

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Terry,

Do not get too mad at the USAT. Things had to change. Remember we are an Olympic sport now, just like gymnastics, volleyball and soccer. The USAT is the NGB of our sport. Ask yourself this, what does it take to get on the US gymnastics team? Pretty hard to do right, that is how it should be. To become a real coach in that sport is just as difficult. To become a world class athlete/coach is expensive in time, money and effort. The USAT has one goal; to create the best US athletes in Taekwondo. It is no longer a money making method for the higher ups. In fact, I hate to say this but, if you are not trying to get a spot on the US team do not participate. The thing that is missing now is the recreational player. I suggest the AAU. The USAT is still trying to accommodate the rest of the people by offering Executive Seniors, non-elite class sparring and the like but they do not have too. The people running the show have come from well organized sport organizations and plan to run it that way. This is great in my opinion. I am and will continue to be a member (since 1982) but I will be taking my people to AAU tournaments too.
Give them some time to work all this out. Grass roots programs are underway at the State level to give everybody what they need. (Well run State and local tourneys)

ron

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
MSUTKD I respect your views, I canonly say this my own son dreams are to be an Olympic athlete in TKD, so I have to play the game with him but remember alot of OLympic sport fund potential athletes like in boxing for a great example if those early child parents can't afford there camps and such those other orgs. have money in place to support it program we do not yet to my knowledge, so as we may get the best of the rich those other that could be can't without support from our governing body. We also do AAU and alot of open events for our other athletes, but I have to be a player with an organization that has no support from any major company yet and they have not given in sense of this happening for these future Olympians. So where do we go from here and how do we build what they only let us know about, the cost is to much for a beginner program and a start up project like they are doing. Please see a side of our sport that needs help in regards to the growth of sport TKD. Last tidbit I have also been a memeber for a long time and my school and my entire family but things are not looking up as they have promised. I know give them time.

Until then we wait and see!:asian:

Terry

MSUTKD

Purple Belt
Reaction score
When I first was a member in 1982 it was the AAU, then it changed to the USTU and now the USAT. Never has that organization helped anyone to get to the top. It is not just the "rich" that make it but also those who sacrifice everything to get there. I am personal friends with many of the top Taekwondo players of the past. They were not "rich" but driven. The best advice is to become involved in your State organization, if you have one. If not, then organize and become the State Taekwondo organization. It is all up for grabs now. Change is not easy but it is the only sure thing. Good luck.

ron

Latest Discussions