Training Goals for the New Year...

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So what's the plan everyone?

Personally, I want to get back into shape. This last year I was rather lazy and am starting to feel it.

Time permitting, I think I'd also like to get in a ring and do a boxing fight or two, I'm feeling the need to do and get some face smashing done :) (But the get into shape again thing has to come first...)

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Get back to where I was 30 years ago, alright atleast 10 years ago and to train harder atleast three times a week, as long as I have a partner to do it with me.
Terry

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I want to get my samdan. Now that grad school is done and my kids are getting out of the infant stage, I'm going to have more travel time to see my teacher.

beauty_in_the_sai

Green Belt
Reaction score
I want to get my 2nd dan and get better at nun chuks and ninjutsu. Mike and I also plan to open a new dojo this year. Nice new avatar andrew! Penguins rule!

Becky

Henderson

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I want to simply learn anything I can, and if advancement comes along, so be it.

Losing a few pounds probably isn't a bad idea either. Maybe go from 220 to 200 or so.

Frank

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
... is to get my 1st dan. I got to get off my backside, and start running, and conditioning, though. The BB tests are tough.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I wanna train to be a better instructor as well as train for higher rank. (I say it that way because I'm unsure of what rank I'm gonna test for. I've tested & received my 2nd in the ITF & my 1st in the WTF. I need to speak w/ my instructor as to whether I'll test for 3rd WTF or 2nd.)

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I want to get through and master "Ultimate Boxing Lessons" set of 8 DVD's by Coach Christopher Getz. Each DVD is full of technical pointers that I missed in my original boxing training. The first two in the set really improved my technique. If I can get through all Eight (not easy, because there is so MUCH info. on each), I will have much improved hand skills.

I also want to drink much LESS and eat more fruits and vegetables. Also, if I can find a good non-McDojang TKD school (not easy in my area), I'd like to train in TKD again.

hongkongfooey

Black Belt
Reaction score
I want to progress in my Kenpo training(I've been off for 12 years), lose some more weight. I hope to make it to at least orange belt by the end of 2006.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I need to work out more to condition my body better. I also want to put in more practice time (both solo and partnered) during the year to retain the Kenpo & JuJitsu information better.

- Ceicei

Eternal Beginner

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Well I think I am finally in decent shape, as per last years resolution, so it is now time to use it. This year I would like to participate in more tournaments in submission wrestling and BJJ. To do that I need to really work on my half-guard game since so many people do it so well now.

For karate I think this might be the year I test for bb...but maybe spring of 2007 for that one.

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I tend to push myself hard. I had a good year in 2005 and hope to continue through 2006. At 47, that's far from a given, so if I'm able to just continue what I've been doing, I'll be thankful.

Laborn

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I plan on winning this years State Championships, i've worked a whole year for that tournament. And also i need to start nutrition again, i've been lazy also this year on nutrition.

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'd like to get better with breakfalls--a big fear I conquered this past year!--and be able to do a decent koshi and juji (both as nage and uke).

Robyn :asian:

kenpo0324

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I need to workout more to Condition my Body and to lose some weight I have gained over the year.
I also need to put more practice time in to retain Kenpo moves I have already learned and know.

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Laborn said:
I plan on winning this years State Championships, i've worked a whole year for that tournament. And also i need to start nutrition again, i've been lazy also this year on nutrition.

Oh yea. That's another one for me. I don't wanna win any state tourny, but go to one that my dojang attends every year in Conn. and place in breaking and forms (I miss it every year ggggrrrrr).

Tony

Black Belt
Reaction score
I just want to train harder and more frequently! I'm currently a brown sash and hope to get my black soon! And I would love to be able to do a kip up!

Aqua4ever

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I want to get my red belt (i'm at blue)
I also would love to gain more confidence in hitting with power for continuous, and staying calm when being taken down
Aqua

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Laurie let me know when and where that tournament is and I'll try to get down to Conn. to say hello if my work hours will permit.

Latest Discussions