Tracy Kenpo?

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shinobi
What is Tracy Kenpo? Just curious.

A previous edition of my answer in the Kenpo Technical forum:

Tracy Kenpo Karate (The Karate kanji used by Tracy's means China hand, not empty hand in this example) ... Is what SGM Parker was teaching in the way back olden days. The Tracy Brothers, Al, Will, and Jim, ended up going their own way and created a "Kenpo Empire" based on what they took with them ... Before anyone gets their knickers in a twist, this happens all the time. Just so happens that the Tracy Brothers were great businessmen as well as martial artists. They promulgated Kenpo through out America with their patented franchise biz.

Ed Parker continued to develop and refine his methods adding and subtracting as he felt he needed to in order to create American Kenpo. In the end, the rest is, as they say, history.

Ed Parker's Kenpo is considered by most to be the innovative, modern Kenpo, while Tracy Kenpo is the "compilation" of material that the Tracy Brothers took with them when they left. It has gone through a number of reorganizations, but is generally felt to be the "traditional" arm of Kenpo.

Hope this helps. Hate to talk in such generalities, but one slip of the keyboard around here often invokes a screaming, flaming spam war. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to address them in private message or email

Take care,

Dan Farmer

OP
R

RCastillo

What is Tracy Kenpo? Just curious.

Shinobi, did you not learn from your last battle with me about curiosity? It almost cost you dearly! Though I admire your spirit, it is futile. Stay away from us "TRACYS", lest you get hurt!

Dan, no more reruns, this is NOT cable TV ! LOL!

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Goldendragon7
Then I must take this young jedi and show him the way.....

:asian:

Thats right, take this Shinobi, and whip him into shape. Show him what awaits him if he messes with us!:mad:

OP
S

Shinobi

I bet it is. I ask question, you get anger.

Oki I go call Goldendragon7 for backup now!

OP
R

RCastillo

You get answer, you go nuts!

Call the Dragon, he cannot help you!:eek:

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Goldendragon7
You saying I can't teach.......???:samurai:

LOL,very good, GoldenOne. The trap was far too easy. No, but Ronin such as Shinobi, know no Master, they are outcasts!;)

OP
S

Shinobi

I'm no outcast man. Not at all. Oh, and the Dragon was telling me what you said the whole time! :rofl:

I told you he was backup!

OP
R

RCastillo

I'm no outcast man. Not at all. Oh, and the Dragon was telling me what you said the whole time! :rofl:

I told you he was backup!

You lie, all Ronin lie!:mad:

GoldenDragon on my side!

OP
S

Shinobi

As the self appointed 10th Dan Grandmaster of Inferno-Ryu Ninjitsu(heh heh heh) I cannot tell a lie :rofl: :rofl:

OP
R

RCastillo

Are building, Shinobi is an evil Grandmaster, aligns himself with the Goldendragon. There is trouble ahead..........I will prepare!

OP
S

Shinobi

Don't forget Seig...

he's been promoted to 6th Dan Master of Inferno-Ryu Ninjitsu.

Aww heck, Farnsworth too. He's a 5th Dan.

Prepare! :ninja:

OP
R

RCastillo

Don't forget Seig...

he's been promoted to 6th Dan Master of Inferno-Ryu Ninjitsu.

Aww heck, Farnsworth too. He's a 5th Dan.

Prepare! :ninja:

Hey, why the hell was I left out?:soapbox:

Latest Discussions