Tracy's Kenpo

R

RCastillo

Goldendragon7 said:
Aaaaa like, he would know.....

:rolleyes:

Well,ok, let me add another. Dennis Conatser did the Tracy material too! Finally, out in the open! :partyon:

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
RCastillo said:
Well,ok, let me add another. Dennis Conatser did the Tracy material too! Finally, out in the open! :partyon:
:) Yes, that's true, but .......... I did move on to Mr. Parker, who took me out of the dark ages. :ultracool

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Goldendragon7 said:
:) Yes, that's true, but .......... I did move on to Mr. Parker, who took me out of the dark ages. :ultracool
Ok now....this is all beginning to make sense!!! :duel: :duel: Green smiley training camp against yellow smiley training camp! Techniques are all good right? It's karate darn it why all the fighting???:jediduel: So Goldendragon 7 what 's your favorite techinique?

BTW Kimono Grab is a good one! Not my fave but a good one!

R

RCastillo

Goldendragon7 said:

But, my young one, the light is beginning to dim somewhat. The path is open to you...........if you dare to chance it. :jediduel:

R

RCastillo

mj-hi-yah said:
Ok now....this is all beginning to make sense!!! :duel: :duel: Green smiley training camp against yellow smiley training camp! Techniques are all good right? It's karate darn it why all the fighting???:jediduel: So Goldendragon 7 what 's your favorite techinique?

BTW Kimono Grab is a good one! Not my fave but a good one!

The Dragon is decietful. Known to all, but all fear him.(Cept me)

Talk about a "RedFlag." :CTF:

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Goldendragon7 said:
Gee there are so many....but here is a good one... Shield and Sword

:enguard:
I really like that one it has lots of great kicks :btg: at least how I learned it!
Did you find it difficult to go from Tracy's to EPAK? Were there many differences in how the techniques were taught or in the material itself? Basically, are the same techniques taught in both systems?

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
mj-hi-yah said:
I really like that one it has lots of great kicks :btg: at least how I learned it!
Did you find it difficult to go from Tracy's to EPAK? Were there many differences in how the techniques were taught or in the material itself? Basically, are the same techniques taught in both systems?
I know many will not like to heatr this, but here goes. I did the Tracy system for several years, earning my Third. A few years ago I had a split with my instructor. As I began to really research the system, I found a lot of holes in the information. Things I was really looking for. Then I met the Golden One here on MT and for every question he answered, I came up with three more. Some of the techniques are very similiar but what I found to be the main difference is simply this. EPAK techniques run the gamut from simple to sophisticated while the Tracy system went from simple to complicated. Since making the transition, I have found my basics to be stronger, my techniques to be more fluid and dynamic, my overall understanding of American Kenpo increases exponentially every month. From my experience, while the Tracy system is good and fun, it lacks the depth of EPAK.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
mj-hi-yah said:
It should only have one at least the base technique. :asian:

OP
Rob Broad

Rob Broad

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jason

Thank you for posting the link. I was on vacation after my last post in this thread, and did not get back til yesterday Aug 6th.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No problem Rob, as I stated earlier that someone in the chinese section posted it quite a while back I just bookmarked it for future reference. It has quite a few good things on it.

T

Trejo

Rob Broad said:
Who studies, studied or has interest in Tracy's Kenpo?
I did a seminar with Al Tracy and I found it very informative and he knows a lot of history about Kenpo.

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Wow! Funny to see this thread is still active. My post,waaaayyyy back, about 3 or 4 pages, was the one that, apparently, ticked off Ted Sumner and, perhaps some others (according to my abrupt and rather one-sided conversaton with Al), and got me booted from the Wonderful World of Tracy.

Neat stuff! :partyon:

Latest Discussions