Tracy's Kenpo

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
mj-hi-yah said:
:duel: It's ok really, I never leave home without the force!!! Besides he's one of my subcontractors....yes, he works for me....:angry:

Ok, but you better keep Ricky in line. Kinda like this :whip:

don bohrer

Brown Belt
Reaction score
The fencing footwork has been the most difficult thing to apply,so I still end up reverting back to kenpo footwork when sparring.

Fencing footwork? That makes me think of lunges and side stepping. Could you give some details?

Hey.... where you going Ricardo? Happy hours still got 10 minutes.

Besides it's payday for Gary! We'll let him hang with us and he can cover our tab. :D

:lurk:

Don (El Paso)

don bohrer

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I copied this into Tracy kenpo since I am an apapted Tracyite now! :ultracool

you are striking Triple Warmer/Heater 12

In our Eagles Beak the first strike to a nerve is between the bicep/tricep. The second is in the arm pit cavity, and the third is the radial nerve along the forearm?

Would anyone care to expain the nerve strikes found in Eagle's Beak, and how better to activate these points? Are there complimentary nerve strikes that make these points work better? What red flags come to mind when executing this technique. Any insites or observations are welcome.

Rob,
Could you expain the Triple Warmer/Heater a bit.

Eagles Beak again.

Eagles Beak​

1. Our left hand traps and pins the opponents hand to our right shoulder.
2. Step with your left foot away from the opponent into a horse (Straightens the attackers arm).
3. Deliver a verticle middle knuckle strike (thrown like an uppercut) to the nerve between the bicep/tricep.
4. Drive a straight middle knuckle into the opponents arm pit.

After the middle knuckle strike to the armpit.

5. Circle your right arm downward, out, and over the top of your opponents trapped arm.
6. Drop your forearm across his bicep (same motion as a downward verticle hammer fist).
7. On contact with his bicep rake your forearm inward and downward toward your chest.
8. Rebound off your opponents arm with a right sword hand to the side of his throat.

Any comments on execution and what makes a difficult opponent comply are very welcome indeed.
Don (El paso)

OP
Rob Broad

Rob Broad

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Those familiar with the Dillman and pressure points, know about 12 meridians. Triple heater/warmer is one of these meridians. The point under the bicep is called Triple Warmer 12. It used in conjunction with other points can have varied effects from shutting down to the arm to knock outs.

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
jfarnsworth said:
That was funny. Just be careful as he is deceptive. His power of the darkside is strong. :asian:
:cool: You seem to know a lot about it. Hmmm.... how would you like a job? " :rtfm: :angry:

Rob can you describe the other 11 pressure points or post a link with more information?

Thanks,
MJ :asian:

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
R

RCastillo

jfarnsworth said:
That was funny. Just be careful as he is deceptive. His power of the darkside is strong. :asian:

You know this to be true, young Jedi. It is also pointless to resist. The Goldendragon cannot save you now. Come, it is the only way. :borg:

R

RCastillo

mj-hi-yah said:
The Force must be strong with you my son!:) :xwing:

uhhh..How 'bout? I'll let ya hold the whip....:whip1:

Very interesting link! Thank you,
MJ :asian:

And you my fair Princess, join me as well. You will lack for nothing. Even now the Ak er's are thin in numbers. Even you cannot resist the power of the Dark Side. :samurai:

R

RCastillo

jfarnsworth said:
Ok, but you better keep Ricky in line. Kinda like this :whip:

That is good;discipline is good for the soul. :samurai:

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
RCastillo said:
And you my fair Princess, join me as well. You will lack for nothing. Even now the Ak er's are thin in numbers. Even you cannot resist the power of the Dark Side. :samurai:
Uhhh hmmmm... all the shrimp I can eat? :lookie: I'll think on it, but first you must prove your worthiness, share something important about Tracy's Kenpo...really!

don bohrer

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Thanks Jason. The site has alot of good information.

I am wondering if there are notible differences on how the Chinese and Japanese arts approach the use of pressure points? It is a goal of mine to incorporate pressure points into my training. I do think understanding the strikes gives confidence to the why's of techniques.

When I first started Kenpo I was always thinking why build a tech in this order, why strike a point this way, why use this weapon... wouldn't another be more practical?

Don (El Paso)

R

RCastillo

mj-hi-yah said:
Uhhh hmmmm... all the shrimp I can eat? :lookie: I'll think on it, but first you must prove your worthiness, share something important about Tracy's Kenpo...really!

Alot to say, but I'll keep it general.(To avoid stirring up the hornets nest)

A large, and old established organization. Controversial to many, but being it was based on the teachings of SGM Parker,(who started it all in the USA) and carried forward by Al Tracy, it remains a strong system.

When it comes to Kenpo, you will not find a more controversial subject on this forum(IMHO), much of it centered on recent past. But as an old former NFL coach once said, "The future is now." So that is what I focus on, teaching the system to keep it going, pushing for higher goals, and the responsibility I have toward my students. :asian:

R

RCastillo

KenpoTess said:
*Glares at Ricky and puts a protective arm around MJ*

now the topic is what ?

Not to worry my Queen, your position is safe. I knew you would reappear. Everything is falling into place as I have forseen. :samurai:

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
RCastillo said:
Alot to say, but I'll keep it general.(To avoid stirring up the hornets nest)

A large, and old established organization. Controversial to many, but being it was based on the teachings of SGM Parker,(who started it all in the USA) and carried forward by Al Tracy, it remains a strong system.

When it comes to Kenpo, you will not find a more controversial subject on this forum(IMHO), much of it centered on recent past. But as an old former NFL coach once said, "The future is now." So that is what I focus on, teaching the system to keep it going, pushing for higher goals, and the responsibility I have toward my students. :asian:
That's a wonderful answer! :asian: How about something on the techniques... what's your favorite? Why?

Now Darth you seem like an ok guy....if you would just take off your mask please! :viking1: You can follow this up in the locker room!

TESS said:
]*Glares at Ricky and puts a protective arm around MJ*
Tess is so splenderiffic! :) I trust only her!

R

RCastillo

mj-hi-yah said:
That's a wonderful answer! :asian: How about something on the techniques... what's your favorite? Why?

Now Darth you seem like an ok guy....if you would just take off your mask please! :viking1: You can follow this up in the locker room!

Tess is so splenderiffic! :) I trust only her!

It would be Kimono Grab. It represents what Kenpo is all about, fluidity, power, physical principles, and pain to the one who would violate another. :asian:

Latest Discussions