History of Kenpo - Al Tracy

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Randy Strausbaugh
I'm not sure which is stranger- that you like it or that you admit it. Either way, you might want to keep that under your hat. :D

Jason- press on, the articles are worth the effort. :)

That's it, where's my sparring gear!:boxing:

P.S. I happen to have ALL the articles!

OP
BFoley

BFoley

White Belt
Reaction score
Dan;

Just fixed my email. Try it again. Thanks.

Brian

don bohrer

Brown Belt
Reaction score
HA! I'm immune! When I was a kid, my dad used to play that and Tex Ritter's "Hillbilly Heaven" until I cursed the guy who invented the record player. Not to mention "Son, Don't Go Near The Indians", "Cowboy In The Continental Suit", and "A Boy Named Sue".
:shrug:

Randy, I can hear your toes tappin! You like this stuff...admit it! :D

RCastillo, hit em again... make him like this stuff.

Someone couldn't leak out just a chapter or two? :mad:

don

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by don bohrer
:shrug:

Randy, I can hear your toes tappin! You like this stuff...admit it! :D

RCastillo, hit em again... make him like this stuff.

Someone couldn't leak out just a chapter or two? :mad:

don

I would, but all the AKers will hunt me down.:eek:

KenpoDave

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
That is the title of the article series in question. Six parts of a 16 part series were posted on the original Tracy's website, written by Will Tracy back when he was maintaining the website.

When Al Tracy took over the website, the articles were discontinued. I have no idea whether Will Tracy ever finished the series or whether they can be found anywhere else on the internet.

They are fascinating. Glad I made hard copies...:cool:

C

CoolKempoDude

Originally posted by KenpoDave
That is the title of the article series in question. Six parts of a 16 part series were posted on the original Tracy's website, written by Will Tracy back when he was maintaining the website.

When Al Tracy took over the website, the articles were discontinued. I have no idea whether Will Tracy ever finished the series or whether they can be found anywhere else on the internet.

They are fascinating. Glad I made hard copies...:cool:

can you post this hard copies here ? i love to see what it is. Thank you

C

CoolKempoDude

Originally posted by RCastillo
I would, but all the AKers will hunt me down.:eek:

if you are afraid, just email me all the copies and i will post it. Since i am no long in kempo , there is no fault no harm ;)

don bohrer

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I have no idea whether Will Tracy ever finished the series or whether they can be found anywhere else on the internet

I did a casual search last night on the web for them but couldn't find the letters. I'm going to keep looking. Besides being an interesting read I am looking for more information on TRACO. If these letters help in my search or not I don't know? Maybe I should just two step around this subject. :D

don

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by KenpoDave
...written by Will Tracy back when he was maintaining the website.
You are correct, sir. Thanks for correcting my brain glitch. :asian:

W

WhiteTiger

The material that these articles were based on was also released by the Al Tracy on video tape, and YES the information on them is bound to p**s-off many AK practitioners. All I will say about them is from a research point view he shows alot of evidence to support his statements on the video tapes.

C

CoolKempoDude

Originally posted by WhiteTiger
The material that these articles were based on was also released by the Al Tracy on video tape, and YES the information on them is bound to p**s-off many AK practitioners. All I will say about them is from a research point view he shows alot of evidence to support his statements on the video tapes.

can you give me the name of this video tape and where i can ORDER??

since nobody here is BRAVE enough to post it DIRECTLY or INDIRECTLY, i want to know the answer
:soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :mad:

W

WhiteTiger

Originally posted by CoolKempoDude
can you give me the name of this video tape and where i can ORDER??

since nobody here is BRAVE enough to post it DIRECTLY or INDIRECTLY, i want to know the answer
:soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :mad:

As far as I know the History of Kenpo Videos are no longer available, but you could try contacting Al Tracy directly via his website. He may have a few left laying around.

C

CoolKempoDude

As far as I know the History of Kenpo Videos are no longer available, but you could try contacting Al Tracy directly via his website. He may have a few left laying around.

i called 2 hours ago. Who did I talk ? I talked to Al tracy's wife. There is no more the history of kenpo videos.

R

RCastillo

i called 2 hours ago. Who did I talk ? I talked to Al tracy's wife. There is no more the history of kenpo videos.

Not cool,cause I never bought one myself. I better see if someone out there share!:eek:

C

CoolKempoDude

Originally posted by RCastillo
Not cool,cause I never bought one myself. I better see if someone out there share!:eek:

I never own this video before. I guess if many people call Al Tracy about it. I'm sure he will have this kind of video in the future.

if you want this kind of video, just call him and inquire about it. The more you call, the SOONER you will get it

Let me share with people about Al tracy's article **ssing AK guys off.

According to his wife, the reason why this article is no more because some of information appeared in this article was * not * accurate.

They don't care if It is P*ssing AK guys off.

Important note: this is not my intention to stir or create problem between AK and Al Tracy's people.

i just simply share with you what i know

KenpoDave

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
can you post this hard copies here ? i love to see what it is. Thank you

The copies I have are copyrighted by Will Tracy. I do not know much about copyright law, so I will not post them. I would suggest contacting Will Tracy about them. Oh, and I was incorrect. I only have 5 chapters of the series, not 6.

As far as Al Tracy's History of Kenpo videos are concerned, he released those tapes around 1991, about 5 years before Will Tracy began writing his series. I asked Mr. Tracy (Al) in 1994 about purchasing the tapes, and he said he had discontinued them in light of new information he was uncovering regarding our history. The newer information made the tapes seem very incomplete, and therefore inaccurate.

C

CoolKempoDude

Originally posted by don bohrer
Has anybody checked ebay for the tapes?

don

if you told me that 3 days ago, i would look at ebay but NOT any more because of inaccurate information in this tape

C

CoolKempoDude

if the information was not accurate, why AK guys p*ssed off ?? what did this article contain which made AK guys p*ssed off ??

this is quite interesting. I would like to know and hopefully, the reader of this articles can answer my questions ?;)