Tracy's Kenpo

O

OC Kid

I did for a while in San Diego under Todd McElhenny who took over Dick Willets school. Good system.

OP
Rob Broad

Rob Broad

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have a background in Tracy's Kenpo. My first instructor taught the tracy system until he quit teaching.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Geez Rob, what did you do, post every CanAm topic starter on this board???

Mark me down as a Tracy lineage kenpoist.

Lamont

OP
Rob Broad

Rob Broad

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Blindside said:
Geez Rob, what did you do, post every CanAm topic starter on this board???

Mark me down as a Tracy lineage kenpoist.

Lamont

Just trying to kick things up a notch around here, and possible get a Tracy forum if there will be enough traffic to warrant it.

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm not part of the Tracy's organization, but my instructor taught the old Tracy's 40-technique curriculum, so I guess I qualify.

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My instructor teaches us some of Tracy's and some EPAK techniques and I think some of our sets are Tracy's so I'd be interested in a place to discuss some of the things I've learned that originated in the Tracy Kenpo system.

don bohrer

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I'd be interested in a place to discuss some of the things I've learned that originated in the Tracy Kenpo system.

Me too!

I would like to compare charts, Kata, and explore the whys behind some of the techniques. Just how far has the apple has fallen from the tree?

Don (EL Paso)

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
don bohrer said:
I would like to compare charts, Kata, and explore the whys behind some of the techniques. Just how far has the apple has fallen from the tree?
Don (EL Paso)
I can relate. I asked the same questions.....26 years ago. I did the comparisons and found out how far the apple fell from the tree. :)

:asian:

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Goldendragon7 said:
I can relate. I asked the same questions.....26 years ago. I did the comparisons and found out how far the apple fell from the tree. :)
:asian:
So how far did it fall? This would be really cool to share what insights you discovered with us.

The best comparison I saw was a chart listing similar techniques (Tracy and EPAK) with their respective names. It made it easier to communicate when discussing techniques.

- Ceicei

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ceicei said:
So how far did it fall? This would be really cool to share what insights you discovered with us.

The best comparison I saw was a chart listing similar techniques (Tracy and EPAK) with their respective names. It made it easier to communicate when discussing techniques.

- Ceicei
Ceicei if you still have a copy can you please post it?

Thanks,
MJ :)

CB2379

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Actually, not to sound too naive, but what exactly is the difference between Ed Parker's system and Tracy's system? I have visited the Tracy web page and read all the articles but the major difference to me seems to be the names of the techniques (eg. Grip of Death in EPAK = Headlock A in Tracys)

In fact, I really don't know which one I study! MJ and I study at the same school and she said it that we learn both, but, again, what is the difference?

Chuck

Latest Discussions