To bite or not bite - this is the question

Mider

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I rather not, what if the guy has Hepatitis or something

Holmejr

Black Belt
Reaction score
Danny Inosanto was once asked which art he thought was the best. He stated in a tongue-in-cheek manner that at long range it might be TKD or Savate, at middle range Thai Boxing, Karate or boxing, at close stand up range Judo is a good bet, on the ground it’s BJJ and after that it’s whoever can bite the hardest.

Last edited:

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good luck with that. Biting off a finger is a lot more difficult than you seem to think.
We've had plenty of bite injuries from patients who need restraining. None of them caused the victim to turn loose. The most likely result of biting someone in the ER is that you will be arrested. Assault on a healthcare worker is a Class 3 Felony in Colorado. If you actually injure them (like if the bite breaks the skin) it's a Class 2 Felony. If it's serious bodily injury, it's a Class 1.
I recently had a HBOT patient who had the end of a thumb bitten off. The bite went through the bone. The patient was bitten while trying to restrain the biter. The patient knew they had been bitten but didn’t realize that the thumb tip was severed until removing their glove. My point is, the bite did not stop the restraint process, and the bite was an almost instant amputation through bone even though there was a leather glove.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think biting is an excellent choice if you have been turned, and are now motivated to turn others into zombies just like you.

If you are not yet infected and are on the run from zombies, don’t bite. Rotten flesh. Yuck!

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Biting is also a good choice if you happen to be a vampire and are in need of a quick snack. Nothing like a quick drink of the good stuff to get you through a busy night. Don’t worry, it does not turn the bitten into a vampire. Or so I’ve heard from various folks…I wouldn’t actually know firsthand…

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
We fought in the streets a lot, in the 'hood of North Philly. It could be life & death, esp. when others jump in. But most of the time, it was just to settle beef. If I bit someone's finger off rather than take a beating & a loss, I'd bet he'd come back and cap me in the head => game over.
As I have said in my 1st post, one may want to do this "if and only if someone tries to kill him".

Last edited:

jayoliver00

Black Belt
Reaction score
As I have said in my 1st post, one may want to do this "if and only if someone tries to kill him".

But see, this is not really something that you can gauge in real time. Because a simple rear naked choke can be anywhere between keeping someone in an uncomfortable position to trying to actually kill them. And the extreme of trying to kill someone with an RNC, looks just about exactly the same except with full force & not releasing.

And for striking, a single punch can KO you; which means that you could die from it if your head cracks open on the cement....or if once unconscious, your attacker can do as he pleases with you, including homicide.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
It depends on your biting target. If someone tries to kill you, you bite his finger off. At that moment, he may think about to go to EM ASAP before he can still have a change to connect his finger back. He won't think about killing you any more.

But to bite on a different target such as nose, ear, leg, ... , you may not be able to cause that kind of effect.

It's not that easy to bite a finger off...

In college, a guy tried to bite one of my fingers....it had no effect on stopping me and did not turn out well for him....

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
A talented wrestler was next to face the Eliminator. The Eliminator was a fierce, strong, and unbeatable wrestler that earned his moniker by eliminating all from any match that he participated in. The Eliminator had a move that all knew he always used, called the pretzel. It would bend his opponent almost in two forcing their neck to bend to almost broken. All who faced the Eliminator knew that the pretzel was coming but none had ever been able to counter it. The wrestler asked his coach for advice but just got a pat on the shoulder and a "do your best son, stick to our plan to avoid the pretzel at all cost and improvise if you must." The match started and went well, then to both his and his coaches horror, the wrestler was in the bends of the pretzel! The wrestler's eyes bulged, his face turned purple, and his vision blurred. Then, swinging in his face, he saw a chance. His coach watching from the sidelines and seeing his man in the pretzel turned his head in pity and despair, when he heard a terrible animal like scream. The coach whipped his head back around to the match to see the Eliminator on his back and his wrestler on top pinning for the win. When his wrestler, exhausted and limping came over the coach whooped and hollered clapping his man on the back, yelling "You did it! You beat the pretzel!" "How did you do it?" he asked his wrestler. His man looked at him and told him that he saw nuts swinging in front of him, so he bit them...hard. Shocked his coach whispered..."You bit his nuts?" The wrestler shook his head and replied..."I didn't say they were his."

Latest Discussions