TKD Jr. Olympics, Detroit MI -- Anyone else going?

wade

Black Belt
Reaction score
Glad to hear that everyone did well, whether in the AAU or the USAT Nationals. We did OK too. I took 10 players and ended up with 6 gold, 5 silver and 4 bronze. My senior female, Ashley Jobin who has been with me since she was 7 years old, KO'ed her last opponent, Danielle Harrison in the 3rd round of their match with a round kick to the head. She has been invited to the USAT's Pan Am Team selection training camp in September. Came to class tonight and tried to kill every one there she was so excited. Yes, we do have the video. Soon as I can get it off my other students phone I will get it posted.

It was a pleasure meeting Miles too, he disappeared though before I could see if he wanted to go for a drink. Since Charles never tracked me down it was kind of lonely and I had to go drinking with the referees. Boy, doesn't that just make you think? :)

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I was looking for you everytime I saw a contingent of Lewis TKD people scurrying from one side of Ford Field to the other. Heck, it was your turn to buy the brew, I would not pass that up.

Ahhhh well, perhaps next year unless you plan on coming down here for The Jimmy Kim Invitational in Sept. I would highly recommend it as the best "local" TKD event you will find anywhere in the country.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Glad to hear that everyone did well, whether in the AAU or the USAT Nationals. We did OK too. I took 10 players and ended up with 6 gold, 5 silver and 4 bronze. My senior female, Ashley Jobin who has been with me since she was 7 years old, KO'ed her last opponent, Danielle Harrison in the 3rd round of their match with a round kick to the head. She has been invited to the USAT's Pan Am Team selection training camp in September. Came to class tonight and tried to kill every one there she was so excited. Yes, we do have the video. Soon as I can get it off my other students phone I will get it posted.

It was a pleasure meeting Miles too, he disappeared though before I could see if he wanted to go for a drink. Since Charles never tracked me down it was kind of lonely and I had to go drinking with the referees. Boy, doesn't that just make you think? :)

Congrats wade and to your competitor.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was looking for you everytime I saw a contingent of Lewis TKD people scurrying from one side of Ford Field to the other. Heck, it was your turn to buy the brew, I would not pass that up.

Ahhhh well, perhaps next year unless you plan on coming down here for The Jimmy Kim Invitational in Sept. I would highly recommend it as the best "local" TKD event you will find anywhere in the country.

Well we are going to be at Master Kims in september so you can buy me those beers
icon14.gif

TallAdam85

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
OH OK Lol is anyone going to the AAU jr Olypmics? I will be free if you want to meet up and get lunch train or for some odd reason a tour of Detroit.

wade

Black Belt
Reaction score
OK, so, I think everyone here needs to step back and focus, breathe, breatheeeee..................

Now, first and foremost, those are my beers and I do not appreciate anyone, even you Terry, high jacking them. That really hurts.

We are kind of in a hiatus right now. I am interviewing potential players for next year and we have our first team meeting the first weekend in September. We have a couple of local tournaments in Sep and Oct and then the International Friendship tournament in Oct. Our State Championships are in Jan and then the US Open in Feb. Oh yeah, and I have a lot of parents wanting to go to the Maui tournament in December so we probably won't be making Jimmie Kim's tournament this time. Add the fact we are also getting things together so that Ashley Jobin can go to the Pan Am training camp and as you can see we are a tad busy right now.

On that note, remember, it is still my beer..............................:) and I never ever forget the important things in life.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OK, so, I think everyone here needs to step back and focus, breathe, breatheeeee..................

Now, first and foremost, those are my beers and I do not appreciate anyone, even you Terry, high jacking them. That really hurts.

We are kind of in a hiatus right now. I am interviewing potential players for next year and we have our first team meeting the first weekend in September. We have a couple of local tournaments in Sep and Oct and then the International Friendship tournament in Oct. Our State Championships are in Jan and then the US Open in Feb. Oh yeah, and I have a lot of parents wanting to go to the Maui tournament in December so we probably won't be making Jimmie Kim's tournament this time. Add the fact we are also getting things together so that Ashley Jobin can go to the Pan Am training camp and as you can see we are a tad busy right now.

On that note, remember, it is still my beer..............................:) and I never ever forget the important things in life.

Wade I want hard alcohol so you can have the beers OK.

Latest Discussions