MI State Qualifier 5/24 & Referee Seminar 5/10

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
The Michigan State Qualifying Tournament will be held Saturday, May 24, 2008 at Milan Middle School gym, 920 North Street, Milan, MI. This will be a qualifying event for the Junior and Senior Nationals to be held in Detroit in July, 2008.

Our USAT sanction is pending but you must be a USAT-registered athlete and Michigan Sport Taekwondo (MST) member to compete. We hope to have the sanction very soon-when sanctioned, information will appear on the USAT website.

The tournament is open to Michigan residents only. Registration for the
tournament will be through the USAT's Hangastar system. The MST membership application can be downloaded from the Michigan Sport Taekwondo, Inc. website at www.michigantaekwondo.org.

Weigh-in for the Qualifier will be at 9:00a.m. and the Coach's Meeting will take place at 10:30am. with Poomsae Competition starting at 11:00a.m.

This is a family-friendly event so all spectators are welcome and the charge is only $5-yes, you read that right, $5! Bring your friends, family, and neighbors to watch the best Taekwondoin in the State of Michigan.

MST will also be sponsoring a Referee Certification Seminar on Saturday, May 10, 2008. It will be held at Kicks Taekwondo & Fitness located at 35004 W. Michigan Avenue, Wayne, MI 48184. The school phone number is (734) 728-3027. The seminar will start at 10am. sharp and continue til 6:00p.m. The cost is $50 for Michigan Sport Taekwondo, Inc. members. Non-members will pay $60 which includes Michigan Sport Taekwondo, Inc. membership. Cash or money orders only will be accepted.

You must be a Referee/Coach/Athlete member of the USAT to take the Referee course. Register as a Referee/Coach/Athlete with the USAT through it's website: www.usa-taekwondo.us. Proof of current USAT membership and a black belt certificate is required.

Coaches who attend the Referee Seminar will be issued a FREE coaches pass for the State Qualifier and will only be required to attend the first section of the Seminar (Rules), from 10:00 to Noon. Coaches who do not attend the Referee Seminar, must pay for their Coach's Pass at the State Qualifier.

This is the first official Referee Seminar held in Michigan in several years.
The Competition Rules have changed substantially since the last Referee Seminar in Michigan so you will not want to miss this opportunity. Referees passing the Seminar will be permitted (and encouraged!) to referee at the USAT Junior Olympics to be held in Detroit.

Instructors please forward this message to anyone on your school email list.

As always, thank you for supporting Michigan Athletes/Coaches/Referees!!!!

Peter Miles
Michigan Sport Taekwondo, Inc.
Secretary -General

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Peter let me ask you a question if it is a USAT qualifier why is it only for Michigan people? Just was wondering of course.

OP
Miles

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
We are a very small organization at this point and frankly would not be able to handle competitors from other states this year. We hope to provide a good tournament experience for MI residents this year. Next year we may open it up to other states because there was quite a bit of interest from coaches from IL, IN, OH.

Thanks for your interest Terry!

Miles

(Disclaimer-the above is my opinion only and is not to be construed as the official or final decision of Michigan Sport TKD, Inc.)

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We are a very small organization at this point and frankly would not be able to handle competitors from other states this year. We hope to provide a good tournament experience for MI residents this year. Next year we may open it up to other states because there was quite a bit of interest from coaches from IL, IN, OH.

Miles

(Disclaimer-the above is my opinion only and is not to be construed as the official or final decision of Michigan Sport TKD, Inc.)

Peter if you open it up and have enough notice we can bring our team up there. Best of luck to the competitors and hope everyone has a great time. I am sure you guys will put on a great event.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Miles

I love the legalese at the end. Very cool!:wink2:

OP
Miles

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
I love the legalese at the end. Very cool!:wink2:

You can take the dojang out of the lawyer (supposedly, hasn't happened ever, but theoretically possible), but you can't take the lawyer out of the dojang! :)

tkd1964

Green Belt
Reaction score
Are they still protesting the Abdalluh/ lopez fight. I here they want to have Lopez relinquish her spot to abdalluh.

OP
Miles

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Are they still protesting the Abdalluh/ lopez fight. I here they want to have Lopez relinquish her spot to abdalluh.

I have no idea. Unfortunately neither young lady will be here in Motown for the 5/24 State Qualifier to ask...

Referee Seminar is now listed on USAT Website.

Miles

Latest Discussions