Time out?

G

GouRonin

Where do you want to be with/in your martial art/s in 10 years?
:confused:

OP
T

theneuhauser

i want to be at a level that shows that i have accomplished something and learned alot. also looking a head to the future and still excited about everything to come.

good topic:)

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
10 yrs.....good question.

In 10 years I'll be 42....

If the body holds up, and time as well, I should have attained a black belt in Modern Arnis by then... As secondary goals.... A black belt/sash in Wing Chun and a mastery of the Katana.

I've always had a desire to master the sword....

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nowhere in particular.

Like Mr. Hubbard there are other arts I'd still like to sample and maybe even attempt to master; but I no longer train for any other reason than enjoyment of the arts.

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I want my own dojang. BUT, I refuse to open one if I feel I lack in something. Like if (I should be a 4th dan by then) I get to 4th dan, and I feel I'm not worthy of it, I'll wait till I think I'm ready (I'd rather wait till I'm a 4th dan, at least). I don't want to be just physically able to teach martial arts, but mentally as well.

I also want to be ranked (black belt) in one or two other arts to give my students a choice. And/or mix things up a bit.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by GouRonin

Where do you want to be with/in your martial art/s in 10 years?
:confused:

I hope to continue to learn and still be able to teach.

With this said I hope to have the respect of my peers and to be able to give that respect in return as well.

Rich
:asian:

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
hmmm... in 10 years, I hope I'll have earned my black belt... but since its been 14 years and a million extenuating circumstances so far, who knows?

OP
K

KenpoGirl

10 years???

I'm hoping to be teaching at least part time. Not necessarily on my own but still teaching. So I guess that means I also need to be a black belt, so I better work on that first.

One step at a time.

:D

OP
P

Posiview

Simple for me......

Still being able to train and able to train others....

Andy

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Retired from the State of Texas, teaching full-time and physically able to continue my own training, full-time instead of 3-4 days a week. We can always hope.
-MB

bdparsons

Black Belt
Reaction score
I hope to be doing what I'm doing now, Still learning and teaching. I do think I'd like to expand my studies to include the Filipino Arts as well.

Respects,
Bill Parsons

OP
T

TkdWarrior

where would i be after 10 yrs??
let's see hopefully i'll get BB in TKD, will hav competent Taiji(hopefully) i might start teaching too...i like to expand my knowledge into other arts like FMA, Indian Martial arts
-TkdWarrior-

KennethKu

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Selling BlackBelt to anyone who sign up for a 6 month course at my "Kick-Your-*** Do" McDojo.

OP
S

Shinzu

in 10 years i will be 41. hopefully by then i will have earned my masters rank in tang soo do. my goal is to open my own school and teach the art in the tradition and respect it deserves.

warder

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I see myself still being a student. I really never have the desire to become an instructor. By that time hopefully Ive found an art or system, and instructor that I feel best suits me. beacause it hasnt happend in the past 10 years. but i have my first Pektit Tersia class at 530 tonight, so i still have hope

Latest Discussions