• Never used it.

Results are only viewable after voting.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tiger Balm is really good and I do like it. I also like White Flower Oil.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Flatlander said:
From experience: Wash your hands before you go to the bathroom!
VERY IMPORANT...Trust me and him on this one..

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It works nicely, but I only use it in the very rare case where ordinary Sportscream doesn't do the job (Sportscream doesn't leave any strong smells, and is less greasy).

I'd have to whole-heartedly agree with the previous posters, that it is of critical importance to wash the hands thoroughly after applying, regardless of what substance is used. I made the mistake (once, and only once) of inserting my contact lenses after applying Tiger Balm to my aching hip, and rest assured, the burning of the eyes made the aching hip feel very, very trivial!

These days, after applying any of the rubs, I'll actually use Dawn dish detergent to wash my hands, since ordinary soaps aren't as effective. I hope these experiences can help others, as the burning in the eyes is something that still haunts me to this day, and something I wouldn't wish on almost anyone.

J

Jaymeister

Flatlander said:
From experience: Wash your hands before you go to the bathroom!
And don't touch your eyes, or anything near them.

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Reaction score
I haven't tried tiger balm. Does it have capsaicin in it, that hot pepper derivative? Tried a couple with that in it--burned something awful and was hard to wash off. Is it only for heat effect? I like sportscreme better too. No smell. TW

OP
Shaolinwind

Shaolinwind

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
TigerWoman said:
I haven't tried tiger balm. Does it have capsaicin in it, that hot pepper derivative? Tried a couple with that in it--burned something awful and was hard to wash off. Is it only for heat effect? I like sportscreme better too. No smell. TW
It has some natural menthol in it, it's tingly and penetrating but doesn't burn. Has a really strong pleasant menthol scent. It also stains your clothes.

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm so glad to see that I'm not the only one that forgot to wash there hands before visting the conveniences...

(Second only to an experience with a paper plate covered in Cayenne Pepper, but that's another story)

OP
Shaolinwind

Shaolinwind

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
SIMONCURRAN said:
(Second only to an experience with a paper plate covered in Cayenne Pepper, but that's another story)
If I may quote Homer Simpson... "Mmmmmmm. Incapacitating." ~(8(|)

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Chobaja said:
It also stains your clothes.
Hmmm ... I've never had that problem ... 'course I rub it in thoroughly.

Latest Discussions