So what about Tiger Balm anyone?

kenpofighter

Green Belt
Reaction score
How many of you MA out there use the stinky, smelly, greasy, staining (if not careful) Tiger Balm? And if you do use it what injury is bad enough to use this stuff.

I not down talking Tiger Balm. The stuff in the little glass jar works great! I have plica in my knee. So I use Tiger Balm and have to wear a elastic brace to karate class. Quit a few people have plica and never have any problems with it because they are lazy. It has to be over used before it becomes a problem.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I use it for muscles strains and sprains, and occasionally for sore joints. But only when no one can smell it!

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
LOL ... Kacey!

I use it as well, I think it works wonders. I hadn't worried about the smell. Maybe that's why I'm single!!!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Use it for headaches and mosquito bites as well as all injuries mentioned already. it smells nice!

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I've been using Tiger Balm for so long, I can't imagine using something else. When I first started using it, I couldn't find it with an English language lable yet!

I'd even go so far as to suggest putting it on crackers...lightly of course!

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've used Tiger Balm before. It's good stuff, but reminds me of a variation of Ben Gay. These days I use Jow.

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tiger Balm is the bestest ointment I've used.

It smells like karate and irritates the daylights out of anyone around me.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I use it for muscles strains and sprains, and occasionally for sore joints. But only when no one can smell it!

Tigers Balm ( red) is GREAT for the above applications that Kacey said..For sore joints try Woodlock Oil or White Flower Oil...

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It is indeed a wonderful, aromatic, heat-inducing concoction :D. I use it mainly when my neck 'locks-up', as it sometimes does and it certainly helps. Given that the knuckles of my 'bad' arms hand have started to give me arthritic type pains, I may try it there too {just better remember not to rub my eyes :eek:}.

As to the smell, I don't know if we're getting different stuff over here than our American friends but I (and, more importantly, every woman I know :D) think it smells great.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
{just better remember not to rub my eyes :eek:}

and to wash your hands very well BEFORE using the " loo"

{As to the smell, I don't know if we're getting different stuff over here than our American friends but I (and, more importantly, every woman I know :D) think it smells great.

It doesn't smell bad to me...

OP
kenpofighter

kenpofighter

Green Belt
Reaction score
If you don't think that it smells bad, I don't want to know what you guys think smells good! It's stannkkyy!!

donna

Black Belt
Reaction score
and to wash your hands very well BEFORE using the " loo"
My sister in law spent a long time in the shower after her hubby forgot to wash his hands.
He is still in the dog house over that one!!

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My sister in law spent a long time in the shower after her hubby forgot to wash his hands.
He is still in the dog house over that one!!

An equal amount of "Ouch!" and sympathy for that anecdote too - double :eek:.

Latest Discussions