The weird ones

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Did I forget to mention the fish net stockings and high heels he was wearing as well?

It was definitely a weird site and one I will not forget, no matter how hard I try. And it certainly made the guy in the ninja costume look.. well... not wierd.

But this is going WAAAAY off topic…. Well I suppose this is definitely about a weird one, but it has nothing to do with Ninjutsu… Sorry about this.

Xue, you have to admit I looked good though! :barf: Jeeze, that's bad even for me. :)

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
XS, you just pushed me over the edge for a star. God, it had to be for a post like this didn't it. :) Thanks

MrFunnieman

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
It took me a while, but I decoded it. Fortunately I found a formula for reading invisible ink in an Ashida Kim book. Lucky for me lemons were in season.

I had a guy many years ago write to me about my classes and said he wanted to learn some "ninja magic", i sent him back a blank sheet of paper!!!, he probably hasn`t "decoded it yet":)

OP
Don Roley

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Note to self....

When I move back to the states, avoid Worchester, New York....

Heck, lets take everything east of the Mississippi off the table....

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Note to self....

Actually it was Worcester Massachusetts and so far I have yet to come across anything like this in New York. But New York is a big state so you’re probably right and it would be best to avoid the whole thing. :uhyeah:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Note to self....

Come on Don, do not right off everyone, . . . yet. Come and see some of the different places yourself before you close that door. ;)

Besides, it could be fun to share a drink somewhere. :)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Note to self....

You know Don you have been in Japan a long time and I just thought of something… what makes you think east of the Mississippi is any different? :)

Frankly I think you’re doomed to run into this no matter where you decide to go. I think the best you can hope for is never to see a Ninja in a silver mini skirt and rabbit fur coat that looks like Freddy Mercury. :uhyeah:

kouryuu

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
You know Don you have been in Japan a long time and I just thought of something… what makes you think east of the Mississippi is any different? :)

Frankly I think you’re doomed to run into this no matter where you decide to go. I think the best you can hope for is never to see a Ninja in a silver mini skirt and rabbit fur coat that looks like Freddy Mercury. :uhyeah:

I hope you meant when he was alive!!!!:p

althaur

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I agree a silver mini, rabbit skin coat and a mustache is DISTURBING..

So would it have been more appropriate without a mustache? Maybe a full beard instead. :ultracool

I once saw a guy with a goatee and mohawk wearing a leather diaper and biker boots being led on a leash by a dude in leather chaps and a leather g-string.

Thankfully I was really drunk in New Orleans when I saw this. I was able to convince myself it was all in my head, and my buddy's head. Come to think of it, it was in everyone's head on the street. Ewwwwww.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
So would it have been more appropriate without a mustache? Maybe a full beard instead. :ultracool

I once saw a guy with a goatee and mohawk wearing a leather diaper and biker boots being led on a leash by a dude in leather chaps and a leather g-string.

Thankfully I was really drunk in New Orleans when I saw this. I was able to convince myself it was all in my head, and my buddy's head. Come to think of it, it was in everyone's head on the street. Ewwwwww.

Sorry places like New Orleans, New York City and San Francisco don't count, extreme weirdness is to be expected. :)

I did see another guy (years later) wearing a Daniel Boone type coat wearing a Viking helmet with horns and carrying a piece pipe in Upstate NY. But the weird part was he was also carrying a brief case and it looked like he had a suite on underneath. But he was clean shaven and nowhere near as disturbing as the guy I saw in Worcester Mass

rutherford

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
There's more than a few New England towns that are similar, and some of my favorite places as well.

%-}

So, how often do people who hear "Ninjas" and have their alarm bells going off come into training? I know I was skeptical of the Bujinkan's efficacy when I came into training, and had believed all ninjutsu was made-up garbage. Feeling became believing.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's more than a few New England towns that are similar, and some of my favorite places as well.

%-}

So, how often do people who hear "Ninjas" and have their alarm bells going off come into training? I know I was skeptical of the Bujinkan's efficacy when I came into training, and had believed all ninjutsu was made-up garbage. Feeling became believing.

Yep and when you train with some people it is just outright scary what they can do.

Latest Discussions