The weird ones

Infinite

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Seems more like he didn't make very good plans from the get-go. If I'm doing something like travelling all the way to Japan, I'm going to make sure that the training I'm going for is available before I leave -- and I'll know when it starts. And I'm going to know what the dress code is for the event. And I'll make arrangements to be sure that there'll be a translator if language will be an issue. In short -- I'll do all I can to be prepared before I get there.

Now, I can see making the plans, knowing the times and being prepared and still getting screwed up because of unforeseen traffic or something like that... In fact, I've been there. There's an etiquette to joining a class in progress - or not doing so, as may be appropriate. It seems like this guy didn't get that... Nothing is more disruptive, in my opinion as both a student and teacher, than to have someone pop in late, and try to jump in with everyone else. Wait for a break or pause, and ask to join the class... Or watch quietly from the side.

Hey man I learned this from Karate Kid!

You show up you wait by the door and eventually someone will approach you. Till then you watch I think watching is under rated in this world. Watch observe then comprehend.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
That was Worcester in the 80's. *shrug* Wasn't so bad, really.

:lfao: That explains it right there! I once witnessed a guy bringing his trash to the curb in his birthday suit one fine morning in Worcester, a Ninja suit would have made it soooo much nicer.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:lfao: That explains it right there! I once witnessed a guy bringing his trash to the curb in his birthday suit one fine morning in Worcester, a Ninja suit would have made it soooo much nicer.
We have a rather large gentleman here in Oneonta who likes to shovel his sidewalk in nothing but boots and a pair of boxers. :barf:

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
We have a rather large gentleman here in Oneonta who likes to shovel his sidewalk in nothing but boots and a pair of boxers. :barf:

<Note to self: Stay far, far away from Oneonta in the winter.>

Hopefully he never darkens your dojo doorway in such attire looking for a grappling lesson. If he does, pray heartily your instructor doesn't have a sense of humor and pair him up with you. :barf::barf: :(

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
bydand said:
Hopefully he never darkens your dojo doorway in such attire looking for a grappling lesson. If he does, pray heartily your instructor doesn't have a sense of humor and pair him up with you.
:barf::barf:

LOL...LOL...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
That was Worcester in the 80's. *shrug* Wasn't so bad, really.

Actually that is true.

The Ninja walking down the street was much less disturbing than the very tall guy with short black hair and a big mustache walking down the street in a short silver miniskirt and rabbit fur coat.

Also in Worcester, also in the 80s and also NOT Halloween.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I agree a silver mini, rabbit skin coat and a mustache is DISTURBING..

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Smart man...

Did I forget to mention the fish net stockings and high heels he was wearing as well?

It was definitely a weird site and one I will not forget, no matter how hard I try. And it certainly made the guy in the ninja costume look.. well... not wierd.

But this is going WAAAAY off topic…. Well I suppose this is definitely about a weird one, but it has nothing to do with Ninjutsu… Sorry about this.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
But this is going WAAAAY off topic…. Well I suppose this is definitely about a weird one, but it has nothing to do with Ninjutsu… Sorry about this.

Yes, it is off topic not to mention your scaring me...

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
Did I forget to mention the fish net stockings and high heels he was wearing as well?

You didn't have to... I got the idea (shudder).

You sure Freddy Mercury wasn't in town for a Queen concert? :D

Latest Discussions