The Last Person.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Before gas became so expensive, I used to drive up for the prime rib dinner... $5.99 for a full dinner, prime rib, potato, salad, bread... but it's a 30 mile drive; it reached the point where it was cheaper (and certainly faster) to stay in town and pay for a meal in a restaurant. The people watching was definitely fun, though - especially that one Halloween!

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
...Slots and video poker for me, occsionally black jack and roulette...Argosy in Indiana and Soaring Eagle in Mich are GREAT PLACES...

I watch at the tables. I dont know alot about cards, but I do know that the $$ disappears VERY quick! LOL!

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I watch at the tables. I dont know alot about cards, but I do know that the $$ disappears VERY quick! LOL!

Yeah, that's why I only watch, too. When my friends would convince me to go up, I generally played the nickel slots all night. Even with a $5 limit at the tables (Colorado's legal limit), money was disappearing way to fast for my piece of mind.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Table poker is beyond me..Black Jack is EASY...If you can count to 21 you can play...Some days you beat the house and other days the house beats you...

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Table poker is beyond me..Black Jack is EASY...If you can count to 21 you can play...Some days you beat the house and other days the house beats you...
See, I can't afford to lose... I'll stick with nickel video poker; the nice machine tells you what your hand is, what cards you want... and it takes a long time to lose a significant amount of money on nickel slots.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's why I only watch, too. When my friends would convince me to go up, I generally played the nickel slots all night. Even with a $5 limit at the tables (Colorado's legal limit), money was disappearing way to fast for my piece of mind.

The nickle slots seem to last longer. I'll throw $20 in the .25 ones and bam..its gone in no time.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
See, I can't afford to lose... I'll stick with nickel video poker; the nice machine tells you what your hand is, what cards you want... and it takes a long time to lose a significant amount of money on nickel slots.

True...I also like the penny slots...They help when you get spanked at the quarter machines,PLUS there is a ggod chance to recoup...Pulled 150.00 out of a penny machine in Argosy on a 2 dollar investment...

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

True, but I like to try and make the $$ last. I really dont go with that much anyway, so siting at the table, I'd be leaving faster than I got there. LOL!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The nickle slots seem to last longer. I'll throw $20 in the .25 ones and bam..its gone in no time.

Very true...When that happens to me it'over to the penny slots...

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Eh, not at the minimal stakes I gamble...

Me either... although it's been so long since I went I don't actually remember... and I'm not really interested in waitresses anyway, no matter how skimpy the dress!

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sounds like a great place for a MT M&G!

I don't know if they even still do it anymore - but I do remember there was a long wait time to get in... during which time they strongly encouraged people to wander off to the gambling area with a pager.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Eh, not at the minimal stakes I gamble...

In Vegas it doesn't matter WHAT you're wagering...When they come around I tell them what I want and when they deliver I always TIP and they remember it and I never have a problem getting a drink...Try Rio in Vegas for the best looking girls in town....

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Now, well-built waiters in close-fitting clothing... that's a whole other story!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
$5.99 for a full dinner, prime rib, potato, salad, bread...

The Golden Nugget in Downtwn Vegas offers steak, eggs, homefries and toast for something like 3 dollars...

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've never been to Las Vegas - and the one time I was in Reno, it was to test for III Dan, so gambling was not on the top of my list - go figure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions