The Last Person Thread - 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother in law has crashed his race car at Donnington :(. He's okay, thank goodness but the off-side front of the car (that's the left side for our Trans-Atlantic members) took a bit of a kicking.
 
My brother in law has crashed his race car at Donnington :(. He's okay, thank goodness but the off-side front of the car (that's the left side for our Trans-Atlantic members) took a bit of a kicking.

Glad he is ok.

Is the 'off-side' the opposite of the driver's side? If so, then the off-side here is the right side if you are facing the same direction as the driver. ;)

Song of Brother-in-Law

When he crashed at Donnington,
A bit of kicking took the car again.
From the Atlantic Eastside,
The denting was on the off-side.
From the same ocean's West side
This is considered the left side.
But on the sea's sunset side
The driver's right hand side
Should be considered the off-side.
O'er the Pond driver's opposite side,
The off-sides just don't coincide.
 
Well….I’m old…

Worked in the yard yesterday, nonstop for 4.5 hours, trimming hedges, cleaning drains, killing weeds, and digging a hole, a 5 foot by 2 foot by 1 foot deep hole. I have had that sink hole in my yard for a few years and I was sick of it. The guy who built the house buried some logs there and they rotted away and the dirt sunk.

Carried 2 big buckets of sand and 3 big buckets of gravel, had a wheel barrel with the dirt from the hole I put back and 2 bags of top soil and the sod I took off the top later it is now filled in…. but I was done…needed a rest….went inside at about the time my wife got home with our daughter from Aikido….I was then informed we were going swimming.

So my rest had to wait, I went swimming, spent most of the time helping my daughter but at the end, not willing to actually believe I’m old beat up and injured, I decided to do two laps….. I made one…. If I tried the second one I am pretty sure the lifeguards would have had to haul my old beat up self out.

And my wife was still upset I did not mow the lawn...that did actually not need to be mowed

Today…I sore and stiff….but it is a good kind of sore and stiff….even though it does mean I’m old
 
You need to get to Yellowstone Xue and also Yosemite. They are pretty fantastic places! ;)


I would love too... however I am not sure my wife, who grew up in one of the top 10 largest cities on the planet could handle that much nature....I had a REAL hard time getting her to live where we do now and that is a suburb :D

Took her to the mountains in Pennsylvania once for a couple of days and stayed in a log cabin...saw some deer and a bear... to me it was relaxing and a great pace to be....I was told to never take her there again
 
My wife has told me nothing to rustic as well. Some luxuries like running water, bathrooms, etc. she is not willing to leave behind. :)
 
I would love too... however I am not sure my wife, who grew up in one of the top 10 largest cities on the planet could handle that much nature....I had a REAL hard time getting her to live where we do now and that is a suburb :D

Isn't it funny how a person's upbringing can affect their perspective....? I grew up in a town of less than 1,000 and was surrounded by nature, but now live in a 'major city' - it is somewhat intimidating..but I must admit I miss the nature.. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top