That's a lot of forms

OP
skribs

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
How long is your school’s testing cycle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We do tests every 2 months. I would say the average student tests every 4 months. Some every 2, some 6. Some of the really young students it's more, same as the students with less consistent attendance.

At red belt, you have to wait 4 months, but we test red belts at every testing period.

Black belts have to do intermediate tests between dan ranks (i.e. 2 gups before 2nd dan, 3 gups before 3rd dan), which can also be done at any of the testing periods.

Dan tests are only done twice a year (with a few exceptions, like if a student is moving before the next dan test or if you were injured and unable to make your dan test). There's also the KKW time-in-grade restrictions on those.

Edit-to-add: When I say I'm catching up, I'm catching up on the stuff that's been added to our curriculum from green-red. That's 8 of the forms right there.

The other 3 are a variation of Taebaek (which is still 60% Taebaek), a double nunchaku form that I already knew the techniques for and just need to memorize the order, and a sword form that's currently a doozy.

Latest Discussions