Thank you team Martial Talk

lifespantkd

Blue Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to express my appreciation to all those who spend their time and energy helping make the Martial Talk forum be available for all of us to connect with and learn from each other. From the looks of things, the various jobs involved cannot be easy. So, to administrators, moderators, mentors, and anyone else who plays a role that I don't know about: thank you!

Cynthia

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
So... Next round of beer is on you?

Seriously, thank you for the appreciation.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
i have been on many other sites andn I myself have a great deal to say thank you for to the lovely people who run MT and have done over the years. there are not many safe and sane and mature and sensible places on the internet And whatever other sites may offer bigger and better than here they cannot offer those things in the same measure and it is thaks to the people who keep MT running on that level as a paragon for the others .. thank you all.. hugs or handshakes whatever is appropriate Jxxx

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I would like to add my thanks for MT and those who help keep it on track.

And what a pleasure to see Jenna back posting. Welcome back!!

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, MT is a great place to spend time. There use to be a saying "pen pals", not sure if it is still used now a days.
Computer pals works for me, with the many great people I have met here between the keys...............

sopraisso

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I have to say MartialTalk (and the people behind it, among the site staff and users) has totally upgraded my experience with learning, and along with it my interest in martial arts, too. The contributors of this site have unquestionably done a great service to many people and to martial arts culture. I'm all thankful.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As one of the Admins, I'd like to say thanks for this post! :) Due to all of us having different lives, jobs, other real life things to deal with, we have our 'backroom' discussions on the forum, various issues, things that we'd like to put into play in the future, etc. One of the things that always seems to come up is moderation. Are we doing too much? Are we doing too little? Those are just 2 of the many things that seem to pop up. :) There are some members who feel that we don't do enough. We get the impression that some would like to see us drop the ban hammer on anyone and everyone, who makes the slightest error. Others claim that we're too tough, that we need to give more leeway.

While we don't make every mod action that we take, public, rest assure, that we do 'talk' about things and review all of the problem posts that are reported to us. Just because we don't make our actions public, such as announcing that someone got a warning, a pm, etc, as I said, we do review things. The general feeling is that we don't want to make this place a free-for-all, NHB style forum, where there is no moderation. Nor do we want to be so tough, that if you breath wrong, we're going to ban you. There are forums out there that fit those bills, and IMHO, we're not one of them. We do our best to be fair, though it may not always seem that way.

We're all adults here...well, at least I'd like to think so. :) Of course, everyone will have and is entitled to his/her own opinion. Those opinions will not always jive with the opinions of others, and that of course, is fine. Disagreements are certainly a part of life, both in the real world, and on the forum. However, while someone may not agree with someone else, while someone may think someone is not being honest, is just being incorrect about what they say, etc, it's nice to still respect that opinion, and if you feel the need to counter, try to do so, without the name calling, the insults, the cheap shots, etc. In other words, its possible to 'police' our own actions, if we just take a moment to think, before we type. :) Easier said than done, I know, and I'm guilty of not doing that. Just because I'm an Asst. Admin, doesnt mean that I'm immune to having a post or an action that I do, come under fire.

Anyways, enough ranting from me. :) Thanks again for the kind words for the 'job' that we do. MT is the best forum that I've been a part of, and there are alot of fantastic members here. Let's all do our part, to continue to keep things on somewhat of a positive note. :)

Mike

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Agreed 100%. You guys do a nice job. Thanks.

And REALLY nice to see you back, Jenna!

StudentCarl

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
As a junior student (1st dan) in a not so junior body and mind (50 next winter), I'm not sure you moderators realize how valuable this forum is. Most people my rank are much, much younger; most people my age are much, much more experienced. I spend time here to get answers to my questions and get what I think are answers questioned. There is so much valuable discussion here that it's just possible that some of you veterans don't consider the range of the audience. I also get how much of the babysitting you do shouldn't be necessary but is. So thank you for helping me keep learning. I've got a long ways to go.

StudentCarl

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
These are good people running this site. Having been involved in the process, I appreciate what they do even more. Alot more to the job than most people realize.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
These are good people running this site. Having been involved in the process, I appreciate what they do even more. Alot more to the job than most people realize.

THIS. I don't think there's an individual that isn't a part of the MT Team that doesn't pour his/her heart and soul into making it a good experience for as many people as possible while staying true to Bob's vision. MJS and Tames speak the truth - there is much more to the moderation process than meets the public eye.

As always, thanks to all.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
And while we're on the subject, can someone explain the "martial talk fan" badge and what's involved in getting one?

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:chuckles: I recall a certain poster (who I get to see in the mirror every morning) asking just that question :lol: ...

... there is an answer ... a simple answer ...

... and it's not 42 :D

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Well, digging around, it seems there was once a group one could join from the usercp. But I checked and it doesn't seem to be available to me.

Edit: HA! Found it! :D

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ah, my apologies, that was what I was just typing a post to tell you about :(.

Ask Cap'n Bob and see what he says.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Found it. It's not a user group. It's a permissions group, which is in a different spot.

So, for anyone who's interested in sporting some flair, you can elect to join the "MartialTalk Fan" club and add the badge to your profile. It's free and awesome.

Latest Discussions