Martial Talk is 1 year old!

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm a few days late, or early depending on how you look at it...

Martialtalk.com was registered on 6-23-01 with the intent of being a small discussion area to complement wnymartialarts.com, a local portal site to local schools. MartialTalk opened to the public on August 24th 2001 with 1 member, me and a handful of posts, mostly just forum descriptions.

A year later and we've come a long way.

900+ members, 3,300+ topics, and just shy of 47,000 posts. Wnymartialarts.com is just a memory, absorbed by the incredible growth of its 'child' forum.

We went from being a 1 man show to having a great team of administrators, moderators and members.

We have blown past many older and better known forums to become one of the top places to discuss martial arts on the net.

I'm currently working on a 1 year in review and should have it ready shortly.

To all our members and moderators, supporters and visitors, Thank You! This place would not be possible without every last one of you, and everyone here greatly appreciates you spending the time and visiting us.

:asian:

Thank you for a wonderful Year-1. Year 2 is gonna be 10x better!

:D

H

Hansson

Congratulations! The moderators on this board is doing a great job and I'm convinced that's why the quality of discussions here are so high (compared to a lot of other forums)! :)

E

Eraser

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARTIAL TALK

(ok who's bringing the cake and ice cream??)

Seriously, this is THE best website ive seen for MA discussions ever!! Its great to see MA-ist of different styles and forms come together to discuss, encourage, give advice, but most important become friends with each other.

Congrats to all of us.. especially the Founder and the room Mods for a wonderful year.. can't wait to see what happens in year 2.

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Eraser

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARTIAL TALK

(ok who's bringing the cake and ice cream??)

Seriously, this is THE best website ive seen for MA discussions ever!! Its great to see MA-ist of different styles and forms come together to discuss, encourage, give advice, but most important become friends with each other.

Congrats to all of us.. especially the Founder and the room Mods for a wonderful year.. can't wait to see what happens in year 2.

Shhhh...I'm not supposed to tell anyone but I will give a hint: monkeys, knives, cage fights. Shhhh :D

On a more serious note, the site would not be possible were it not for the vision and dedication of the founder and honcho, Bob Hubbard. All credit, praise, and monetary donations :))) should go to him. All the moderators did was keep him from having a stroke every other Tuesday.

Cthulhu

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks first and foremost to all our members, who populate this site with the content and atmosphere that brings new members in!

Thanks to our sponsors who help defray some of the costs associated with this site!

Thanks to the mods. who donate their time to help keep things running smoothly!

And I echo Cthulhu in saying thanks to Bob Hubbard who had the vision and the energy to turn it into an actual site!

-Arnisador
-MT Admin-

G

GouRonin

Originally posted by Cthulhu
Shhhh...I'm not supposed to tell anyone but I will give a hint: monkeys, knives, cage fights. Shhhh :D

Oh the simple joy of a monkey knife fight. He's not so pretty any more is he?
:rolleyes:

K

Kirk

Originally posted by Seig

of this momentous occasion, Tess and I made Zuchini bread. Since no one was here tohelp celebrate, I ate a piece for each of you.

Danged nice of ya! :shrug:

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Heh. I woulda made the trip down...specially for Zuchini bread. :)
Haven't had that in ages.

:)

Latest Discussions