Testing for Blue belt/red tip tomorrow night!

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I am finally testing for my red tip tomorrow. The rank is of little consequence in and of itself, but it is another step along the way.

Daniel

Joab

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Good luck as well. I never heard of that specific rank, is it close to brown or black belt in tae-kwon-do?

OP
D

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Good luck as well. I never heard of that specific rank, is it close to brown or black belt in tae-kwon-do?
It is basically just blue belt half way through. We use the white, yellow, green, blue, red, black scheme and simply have a belt with a stripe of the next color in between instead of using tape stripes. Regardless of color, the test is for third kyu.

Daniel

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'd say good luck, but I doubt you need it. Congrats in advance on your promotion!

goingd

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Good luck! May I ask, what does your testing consist of?

Joab

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
It is basically just blue belt half way through. We use the white, yellow, green, blue, red, black scheme and simply have a belt with a stripe of the next color in between instead of using tape stripes. Regardless of color, the test is for third kyu.

Daniel

I read a little about it on the web on a Hapkido website, it stated that hapkido begins to become fun at that level so have fun!

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hey brother,

I hope you did well. Any idea as to how the test went? How do you feel about it personally?

OP
D

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I find out the pass/fail tonight, but I felt that it went very well.

I had seven techniques to perform and did them all without any pauses in memory. I got all of my language correct, which always makes GM Kim happy. Strikes are generally no brainers for me, as I am a taekwondo ildan, so I felt that that part of the test went very smoothly.

I had two breaks to do and those were not a problem either; a jump front kick and a back kick.

Daniel

Ty Hatfield

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I am finally testing for my red tip tomorrow. The rank is of little consequence in and of itself, but it is another step along the way.

Daniel

I also hope you do well dont think you need too much luck my Hapkido brother but if do good luck :)

OP
D

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Thank you all for the well wishes! I passed, so my blue belt now has a nice red stripe down the middle and I have a shiny certificate saying that I am now third geup.

Tonight, we learned the next set of techniques, all of which involved an attacker grabbing both hands.

Daniel

Latest Discussions