Yes! I Passed Tonight!

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
WAY TO GO, CRUSHING! Definitely a well earned one, from the sounds of it...

OP
C

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have to say, CR, I'm a bit relieved. I'm quite happy with the TKD curriculum at my school, but looking at all the grappling and ground stuff you mentioned to get to red, I started wondering, how come I got to red, 2nd gup, and never once had to do anything involving ground escapes and so on? Of course, given that it's CH, that makes sense...

Speaking of combat Hapkido, I'm going to be at a seminar near Cleveland on Saturday that Drac's putting on featuring John Pelligrini. I'm really looking forward to learning a little bit about CH...

My TKD teacher is also a high school wrestling coach and has a few MMA fights under his belt, so we actually get a good dose of takedowns, grappling, and ground fighting in my TKD class.

Another cool thing is that our organization has a relationship with Dan Severn and at least once a year we have the opportunity to train with The Beast for a few hours at his gym in Coldwater.

I was really hoping to be able to make it to Drac's seminar this weekend, but I have other obligations. Have a good time with that!

Latest Discussions