Testing next week

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
My son (Daniel) my daughter (Jessica) and I are testing for Blue Belt next Saturday

The test will last from about 9:00am-1:00pm

This time around our testing includes all the white and yellow belt techniques plus ~35 hoshinsul, a half dozen new kicks, some new hand strikes, some basic knife techniques and a fair amount of ground fighting techniques.

Wish us well

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good testing to you and yours, Freep! You'll rock the house! :partyon:

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
I wish you the best of luck! Don't forget to breathe! :)

Paul B

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Best o' luck,Jay! I'm sure you and da (hap)kiddo's will be just fine. :ultracool

Please let us know how it goes afterwards..K?

sealth

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
good luck on your test.if you get little nervous just rememberthat your only showing what you already know.the same thing you do in class everyday or maybe that only works for me. anyway i wish you and your the best.

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi Fearless, I hope all goes exactly according to plan—as I'm sure it will—and that you guys strut your stuff to wild applause and bring the house down. We are looking for an update as soon as you can post one!

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Best of luck, although I'm sure you'll do fine! :)

I think it's really great that you practice MA as a family.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wishing you and the kids the absolute best of luck! Please keep us posted on how the test goes. I'm glad to hear that my school isn't the only one that has cummulative tests. It really motivates us to continue to improve our techniques over time instead of getting into the mindset of just learning them to test on them and then forgetting them.

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes, the key word is to breath. Nothing like seeing someone have trouble because they aren't breathing. Adds to the stress and everything. All will be well. Just relax and breath.

Best of luck

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
It seems to me we're always hardest on ourselves at these things. So, if you can let up on yourselves and let go of perfection, you may actually have some fun with it. Easy for me to say, huh? :)

Looking forward to an after-action report with equal parts relief and exuberance. :ultracool

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Best of luck on the testing this weekend! Let us know how it goes. :) :) :)

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Let me join the others and add my BEST wishes to you ALL..Let us know how it went....

TAKMA

White Belt
Reaction score
Jay,

Fear not for God is with you! I will be praying for you and your kids to have clear and precise recollection of all materials. I trust that all of you will do fine as you have always trained with true diligence.

God Speed!!!
Adam Brasel

H Whalen

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
"Good luck " Having been on both sides of the Mat I still choose the mat side where I get to play instead of judge

OP
F

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thanks to all your prayers and encouragements

We tested yesterday and did well (and passed) .

Th test was both easy and hard. It was hard in that it was physically and mentally demanding. It was 'easy' in the sense that he never asked us to do anything that, when I heard him, I woulf think to myself "I'm not sure if I can do that" So I guess I was prepared...moreso than I feared going in, and it just became a concentrated review of everything I knew.

We did a lot of kicks, hand strikes, throws, and Ho Shin Sul. Daniel and I also demonstrated ground fighting techniques and I even had to demonstrate some long arm (AK-47) disarms I'd been working on with some military students the last few weeks.

My wife took some pictures and some video and it was interesting to see because I caught some nuances in my technique which suprised me that I would like to correct

Thanks again

Latest Discussions