Passed Yellow Second Tip test!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
In my System Yellow belt has the most tips it has a total of two,(3 degrees)

I passed my second tip test last night without even realizing I was being tested I just thought I was learning a new Kata just to be learning it....but in fact it was a test on how well I could absorb the information and give my own brake down of the Kata. I would be asked "Do you know what this means" or "Where would you use [insert motion] in a real fight." I was really happy about it. ~~~~Next test is for my blue belt, i think this one will be more formal than the second tip test but non the less i am looking forward to it....Wish me luck
~~

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats Sin! Good job! That's good you are getting tested on application...too many times, form turns into just moves without thinking about them instead of imagining an opponent. TW

OP
Sin

Sin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Sensei tells us (usually) the brake down so we can have a way of remmeber the moves.....and he applys the moves in Twi-Te,Kempos, and trapping Tech. So its kinda like a quick summery of what you have learned or what your going to learn.

Bammx2

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Don't know much about your system,BUT.............
smileJap.gif

OP
Sin

Sin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Training for me is an everyday process.
Let it be going to class,showing my white belt sister something simple,Real life fighting,training on my own or even back kicking the refigerator door at Arby's I am always working and training my mind as well as my body....thanks you all for the support

T

Trainwreck

Congratulations indeed, and if I may be so bold as to add something that my own instructor told me ...

Quoting Instructor Michael Reed:
"Usually, when your teacher administers the test, it's because he's already decided to pass you onto the next rank."
So keep up the good work!

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations and keep up the good work!

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Sin said:
In my System Yellow belt has the most tips it has a total of two,(3 degrees)

I passed my second tip test last night without even realizing I was being tested I just thought I was learning a new Kata just to be learning it....but in fact it was a test on how well I could absorb the information and give my own brake down of the Kata. I would be asked "Do you know what this means" or "Where would you use [insert motion] in a real fight." I was really happy about it. ~~~~Next test is for my blue belt, i think this one will be more formal than the second tip test but non the less i am looking forward to it....Wish me luck
~~
Congrats on your success.
I was wondering if you know the meaning of Shuhari? and what "twi-te" means and where it comes from?

OP
Sin

Sin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I am glad you asked that question Robert....Here is a brake down of my style.

Shuhari-Te

Shu-To correctly copy all of the techniques of ones instructor.

Ha- Refers to the librity allowed a student to develop their own way of executing techs. through their individual understanding of Karate

Ri- The Transcendents or mastery when the student performs all techniques automatically and becomes a teacher through example

Te- Hand

Twi-Te also spelled TeaTe means touching with hands..used in take downs and most submission holds in our system.

i hope you all have a better understanding now

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Sin said:
I am glad you asked that question Robert....Here is a brake down of my style.

Shuhari-Te

Shu-To correctly copy all of the techniques of ones instructor.

Ha- Refers to the librity allowed a student to develop their own way of executing techs. through their individual understanding of Karate

Ri- The Transcendents or mastery when the student performs all techniques automatically and becomes a teacher through example

Te- Hand

Twi-Te also spelled TeaTe means touching with hands..used in take downs and most submission holds in our system.

i hope you all have a better understanding now
I am very aware of the words meaning. In fact if you do a GOOGLE search you pull up about 40,000 hits. Seems kinda odd the name of your style would be a martial arts concept that is common in many arts.
As for the word "twi-te" that is obviously an incorrectly ripped off version of the word "tuite".....since there is no such word Twi-Te in japanese or chinese....2 languages I speak well.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Many times we do not know we are being tested. Most of the times it is the way we perform in class every day that is added to the actual test scores by the teacher. Testing can be a one day thing but is actual includes all the time your are training. Do you agree?

congrats......Aloha

OP
Sin

Sin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Spelling is not my strong stuite....but you are knowledgedable when it comes to the exactness of things such as spelling and language...I do not have the experince or the MANY years of training like you have. But I do know the techniques, not all, but I am still learning, so thats allowed...

My sensei is developing his own system that is a mixure of many diffrent ones, and decided to name is art after the shuhari phylosophy. Hence the reason why Shuhari is widely known. :asian:

still learning i agree with you....Teachers are watching how much effort we put into our everyday struggles with even the simplist and intricate of techniques. I know when I am asked on how someone did during a test I will give the pros and the cons but I will also tell my sensei how much effort I have seen between test times. Good point!!

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
1)Spelling is not my strong stuite....but you are knowledgedable when it comes to the exactness of things such as spelling and language...I do not have the experince or the MANY years of training like you have. But I do know the techniques, not all, but I am still learning, so thats allowed...

2) My sensei is developing his own system that is a mixure of many diffrent ones, and decided to name is art after the shuhari phylosophy.
3) Hence the reason why Shuhari is widely known. :asian:

1)So how is that word (twi-te) supposed to be spelled? (for English spelling I have a tip for you....use "spellcheck"....it's on most PCs these days)

2)I see….which arts is he extrapolating from then? Also, who is your teacher? I am sure we could understand more about your art if we knew who was the founder of it.

3) Shu Ha Ri is widely known because it is a concept that has been around for several 100 years.

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations, Sin! Remember that it's just one more step, & there are a lot more steps to go....

:asian:

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Birthday:
January 18, 1987

Sin

Primary Art and Ranking:
Shuhari-Te Junior Instructor *Yellow-Second Blue Tip* (3nd Degree Yellow belt) Interests:
Martial Arts, First Person Shooters, Role-Playing Games, Telecommunications, Anime Arts:
Shuhari-Te

Training:
Based on Ryu Kyu Kempo, this system was created by my Sensei and is based on all the knowledge he has accumulated over the years, from Ryu Kyu Kempo, Akido, boxing, ETC

Organizations:
Livingstion Ryu Te Academy

Arby's

Sin, (or should I say Scott?)

Just having a look at you profile. I see you are still using the name RyuTe® illegally in your profile. We have had this discussion before but I will remind you again.

Neither you nor your teacher have written permission to use the name RyuTe.

RyuTe® is a Federally registered trademark of Oyata Enterprises and it’s licensed agents. Unauthorized use is prohibited under penalty of the Lanhan Act and 15 U.S.C. section 1051 et seq. of United States Trademark law.
Basically you and/or your teacher are using someone else’s name and trying to act like you have some connection to it. YOU DO NOT.
You need to remove the name RyuTe from your profile and anything else you may have put it on.

OP
Sin

Sin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I have just made a call to my Sensei and he said he will look into it....

For the time being I will remove the Ryu-Te from my profile....

My real question is...How did you come up with that name?

OP
Sin

Sin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
1. Strive for a good moral character.

2. Keep an honest and sincere way.

3. Cultivate perseverance or a will for striving.

4. Develop a respectful attitude.

5. Restrain my physical abilities through spiritual attainment

At what point in your entire time at Martial talk Robert, have you followed any of these guidelines. You need to have a little more respect for fellow practitioners. And stop making judgements on things that you only know about through the internet. ...This forum is for people to share information. I know you have a lot of your former and current students on this board. So you don't have to go and call your possie. Just take my advice, and meditate on your Dojo Kun.

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Sin said:
1)I have just made a call to my Sensei and he said he will look into it....

For the time being I will remove the Ryu-Te from my profile....

3) My real question is...How did you come up with that name?

1)What do you mean he’ll look into it? He is not a member of the RyuTe® Association and therefore is legally not allowed to use the name.

2)No, actually that is my question for you! I asked you long ago if you would remove our name from your profile since you have no legal right to use it. Obviously you didn't want to respond to a polite request so here we are. You and your teacher are obviously using it for some sort of “name value”. Odd how your profile claims:

“Training: Based on Ryu Kyu Kempo, this system was created by my Sensei and is based on all the knowledge he has accumulated over the years, from Ryu Kyu Kempo, Akido, boxing, ETC”

Nonsense! Ryukyu Kempo is the old word for Karate and has been use in Okinawa for at least 100 years! Is your teacher that old?? Another thing that strikes me as odd is MY teacher used to call what he taught Ryukyu Kempo then changed the name to RyuTe®. I am sure it’s just a coincidence that you and your teacher did the same thing. :rolleyes: You can’t call your product Coca-Cola® unless it really is Coca-Cola® or your have written permission from them. It’s the same with using the name RyuTe®. You and your teacher do not teach RyuTe® nor do you have a licensed Trademark Agreement from Oyata Enterprises. Basically you are just another group that tries to ride on the coattails of others hard work and training……”martial parasites” might be a better word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions