Testing for Blue belt/red tip tomorrow night!

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I am finally testing for my red tip tomorrow. The rank is of little consequence in and of itself, but it is another step along the way.

Daniel

Good luck as well. I never heard of that specific rank, is it close to brown or black belt in tae-kwon-do?

Good luck as well. I never heard of that specific rank, is it close to brown or black belt in tae-kwon-do?
It is basically just blue belt half way through. We use the white, yellow, green, blue, red, black scheme and simply have a belt with a stripe of the next color in between instead of using tape stripes. Regardless of color, the test is for third kyu.

Daniel

I'd say good luck, but I doubt you need it. Congrats in advance on your promotion!

Good luck! May I ask, what does your testing consist of?

It is basically just blue belt half way through. We use the white, yellow, green, blue, red, black scheme and simply have a belt with a stripe of the next color in between instead of using tape stripes. Regardless of color, the test is for third kyu.

Daniel

I read a little about it on the web on a Hapkido website, it stated that hapkido begins to become fun at that level so have fun!

Hey brother,

I hope you did well. Any idea as to how the test went? How do you feel about it personally?

I find out the pass/fail tonight, but I felt that it went very well.

I had seven techniques to perform and did them all without any pauses in memory. I got all of my language correct, which always makes GM Kim happy. Strikes are generally no brainers for me, as I am a taekwondo ildan, so I felt that that part of the test went very smoothly.

I had two breaks to do and those were not a problem either; a jump front kick and a back kick.

Daniel

I am finally testing for my red tip tomorrow. The rank is of little consequence in and of itself, but it is another step along the way.

Daniel

I also hope you do well dont think you need too much luck my Hapkido brother but if do good luck :)

Thank you all for the well wishes! I passed, so my blue belt now has a nice red stripe down the middle and I have a shiny certificate saying that I am now third geup.

Tonight, we learned the next set of techniques, all of which involved an attacker grabbing both hands.

Daniel

Back