spinning back fist? Do you like to use this?

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't use them now as often as I once did but like to use then with a back kick
they can be a great technique but youdo leave your backopen and that is never a good thing

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, you're definitely going to feel it if you catch a properly delivered one. However, I stopped spinning, for the most part, years ago. Great technique of opportunity, but with all the cautions UpNorthKyosa mentioned. Not really in my self-defence arsenal - but I'd use it if someone were behind me and I wanted both to pivot to face them as well as strike.

Good thread, Still Learning!

DeLamar.J

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
still learning said:
Hello, The spinning back fist is a flavorite move for us...not for every situtions..but it does work well for sparring so far..

Will someone be able to use this is a real fight? ...possible! We prefer to get the other person moving in side way direction and turn into them with a spinning back fist. (just make sure to follow it up with more moves..)

The spinning back fist does it work for you? ....Aloha
The spinning back fist is a great move that can be used effectively, the problem is that people dont execute the technique properly.

Henderson

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Spinning backfist? Nah...not my cup of tea.

Besides, I'd never turn my back on someone if at all possible. They may have Denny's ground skills. :whip:

Slihn

Purple Belt
Reaction score
still learning said:
Hello, The spinning back fist is a flavorite move for us...not for every situtions..but it does work well for sparring so far..

Will someone be able to use this is a real fight? ...possible! We prefer to get the other person moving in side way direction and turn into them with a spinning back fist. (just make sure to follow it up with more moves..)

The spinning back fist does it work for you? ....Aloha

I like to use it by itself against a rushing fighter (and sometimes in conjunction with other techniques) by side-stepping then executing;it most often connects because by rushing me,my opponet runs himself into the attack.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I do not see myslef useing it in a street fight but then again one never knows what will happen in a street fight

KenpoBruce2006

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Been nailed with a few. They are great because they can come off so quickly with little if any warning. My favorite is the lunge back knuckle followed by the spinning back knuckle (not necessarily combined, but they can be). Very effective.

Robert Lee

Brown Belt
Reaction score
A spin may work ok for point or some ring fights. But I would never think about it for a street fight. As it would put you in a bad position. Even in the ring I would not recomend it. Spin knicks the same. They look pretty but not a good tool to use.

Latest Discussions