Push-ups-punishment or exercise? both?

hong kong fooey

Black Belt
Reaction score
im my class we do 25 as a warm up but one time I forgot my belt yeah I had to do 100 my arms felt like rubber when I was done but I have not forgot my belt since

Shaderon

Master of Arts
Reaction score
We don't get punishments, we just get a stern word and that works well enough for us, we're a good lot. The kids get a game of dodgeball at the end of the lesson if they've behaved themselves and that seems to work for them too because I've never not seen them playing when I've turned up early for class. My instructor seems to be more a "carrot" person than a stick person, but his voice is powerful and just one stern word gets immediate attention.

We do push ups as part of our warm up.

Gufbal1982

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I didn't hand out pushups as a punishment unless it was severe...then it was fingertip push-ups. You don't want kids to hate doing pushups. By giving them it as a punishment, they will never want to do them just for exercise purposes. I gave push-ups as warm ups for the most part...unless it was a test. Then it was for a whole different reason.

Just4Kicks

Green Belt
Reaction score
We do them as training and exercise not so much for punishment. Despite my dislike for them they are good for your muscle strength.

But some people can do pushups forever but can't do other exercises, so punishment pushups aren't so effective with them. A tad unfair me thinks.

Latest Discussions