I am better

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Last week and this one I've been aout of dojang so no exercise for me, however last night I feel I need to do something so I went to a soccer field near home and did some work out. I did 30-35 minutes of walking/joging around the field and then around 20-25 minutes of calistecnics and stretching and I felt right.

Doing the stretches I start slowly (because of my hamstring) and icreasing a little everytime and don't feel any desconfort, when i finish I do some kicking with both legs using a pole, maybe the kids and women doing zumba near may think I was crazy at one point but I didn't feel any pain or disconfort kicking, I did ap chaguis,dolyo chaguis and yop chaguis all to chest level I didn't want to go further yet.

Today dojang is closed cause mother's day but mayube I will return to soccer field and continue with the stretching and next week I will return to dojang.

I must be carefull now and take things easy no matter my sambonim pushes me a little more than need it for the moment.

Manny

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Manny I would love to see pictures of your dojang and students also more about where you live. if you cannot post them PM me and I will post them for you. Would also like to get your shipping address so I can send you some things from Alaska

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Echoing what everyone else said - were you injured? sick? depressed?

RobinTKD

Blue Belt
Reaction score
He pulled a hamstring quite badly while sparring one of the young competitors at his Dojang, I did the same last year just after I got my first Dan and it really affected every aspect of my training (in and out the Dojang) for about 6 weeks.

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
He pulled a hamstring quite badly while sparring one of the young competitors at his Dojang, I did the same last year just after I got my first Dan and it really affected every aspect of my training (in and out the Dojang) for about 6 weeks.

That was exactly what hapened to me, performing a fast spining hook kick trying to nail my oponent my suporting foot stuck to the ruber tkd mat and my full body spun causing me a hamstring. Two years ago one of my toes draged on the same mat and was broken, I thing the ruber mats are not so good, yes they cushion a little and this is good for our joints but also are too tacky.

Next week I will start slow maybe just kicking at waist or chest level but no more, with time maybe soon I could kick high.

Manny

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
On tuesday night I went to dojang to working out with the kids, I was the only man but I wanted to do a good exercise and check my left leg, we did dolyos chaguis and the leg does not suffer a thing, yes I was a little slow with my kicking cause I wanted to know how much I could go for, we did dolyo chagui combos and also ti-chaguis combos, we finished class with exercises for the leg/butt area and crunches using dumbells (hand weights), it was not easy but I did not quit.

Today I am swore and with lactid acid deposits on my muscles but tonight I will repeat the dose of TKD, I need to keep droping weight and doing TKD is the best way of do it.

Manny

sopraisso

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hey, dear Manny!
I'm glad to hear you're getting better. Anyway, be careful not to get back too fast!
I've also got an injure in my knee lately, and I've been getting back to training very slowly. I've been attending classes less often than before (now only 3 a week) and also I've been practicing just half the leg workouts in classes. I always feel willingly to go faster, but I believe it can be a trap! And I alredy falled into that one before!
So welcome back to the dojang, and keep safe!

Sérgio

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ohhh boy I am so tired!!! my body feels like it weigthed a TON and I am slow and with disconfort on all my delicius body! But this is sintom of my two weeks out of dojang and I must pay the prize. I am too slow in my kicks maybe because of my time off the dojang, maybe cause I almost 45, maybe because at 240 punds I am too heavy, don't know but I need a rest and today I will do it. Tomorrow is a big day for my family, my daughter turns 15 years old and here in Mexico the 15 is like your Sweet 16 in USA so we are going to have a big party.

Manny

Latest Discussions