Combining the flexed arm hang with kicks is a strange experience

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
My home "gym" consists of a doorway pullup bar, a pair of pushup handles, and a small section of wall. I'm trying to do as much as I can with body weight exercises when I work out at home.

I had the weird idea to combine the flexed arm hang with front kicks. It's a strange experience. Normally you keep your hands up to your chin when doing kicks, but this time I was keeping my chin up to my hands. Also, normally you push off the ground to kick, but now I'm pulling with my core.

Roundhouse kicks are a little strange as well (kind of like combining the flexed arm hang with a Russian twist).

I have some work to go before I add in back kicks.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
My home "gym" consists of a doorway pullup bar, a pair of pushup handles, and a small section of wall. I'm trying to do as much as I can with body weight exercises when I work out at home.

I had the weird idea to combine the flexed arm hang with front kicks. It's a strange experience. Normally you keep your hands up to your chin when doing kicks, but this time I was keeping my chin up to my hands. Also, normally you push off the ground to kick, but now I'm pulling with my core.

Roundhouse kicks are a little strange as well (kind of like combining the flexed arm hang with a Russian twist).

I have some work to go before I add in back kicks.
Have got a doorway pullup bar, will be sure to give it a go, sounds like fun, would feel like I'm in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon!

OP
skribs

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Have got a doorway pullup bar, will be sure to give it a go, sounds like fun, would feel like I'm in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon!

Except in those types of movies, the harness does most of the work.

JP3

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For me, it'd be more like Hanging Mokey, Busted Spleen and torn hammy...