Push-ups for punishment

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Fluffy said:
When you get tired in that position, you tend to relax by sticking your butt in the air. How do I explain this? You could insert a flag in a certain oraphas (sp). Thus flagpoll.
LMAO! :rofl: I just spit coffee all over my keyboard!

calmone

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
In my school we dont use push ups as a true punishment we use them to strengthen our upper body. We use it as punishment in the sense that the punishment is an excuse to make them do push ups. If someone is messing up there are other ways to punish and to re focus your students. Sit-ups is something i dont make my students do. I do make them do crunches.
With any exercise you have to make sure that they are done correctly. Proper form prevents pain and injury

Laborn

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I teach Tuesdays. I never make them do pushups because well...pushups is overrated lol. I usually make them go in a deep horse stance, and either get a bo staff, or two cups, i place the cups on his knees or staff along side them, if the staff or the cups fall off, i start adding weights to them, if they then cant do it, i dont let them participate in the rest of the class, i tell them to go home. I'm kind of a hard teacher, but i hate immaturity lol

chinto01

Black Belt
Reaction score
The dojo I began my training in was very fond of push-ups as a form of punishment. I myself do not issue push-ups. Instead if the student is not focused and causing a distraction I have them sit down for a while on the side.

In the spirit of bushido!

Rob

Kenpodoc

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
The Kids I teach beg for more push-ups. I've fooled them into thinking they are fun. Of course we do lot's of different kinds. We get them tired at the beginning of class which helps control the exuberant wiggling and allows them to concentrate. A great trick I learned from the Systema folks.

Jeff

Phoenix44

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Whatever. It can be push-ups, or sitting in a corner for a minute or two, basics, or anything more boring than what the rest of the class is doing. It's just a break in the routine for the "offender."

It's a matter of context. Sometimes push-ups are part of a game.

Latest Discussions