Poomse/Form

Bret Hinds

Green Belt
Reaction score
I do Kum Kang it does not start like that, your school may have changed it or It is a different form. Ask your sabum nim to write the name down,watch the spelling for a lot of names sound alike but they are different spellings.Good luck on finding your name. All the best in the arts

OP
P

pczerwin

White Belt
Reaction score
I think it might be Keumgang. I think that's the 2nd Dan poomse. I'm only a blue belt, so I'm not 100% sure, but I think that's what it's called. This is in the WTF by the way.

Thanks but no, it is not Keumgang. I know that form. I call it the gorilla form haha, because of the stomping. Not one of my favorites but certainly a powerful form.

OP
P

pczerwin

White Belt
Reaction score
Sorry TKDmel I know it is not Kwemgang, I was just playing around. Here is what I believe it is Kanku
Kanku (65 movements)<<

Thank you so much. I have to print it out and read it as it seems a tad overwhelming reading it on line - but I am hopeful that it is what I am looking for.

Someone asked if it might be a Hwarang Do or Tang Soo Do form and from what I understand, it is based on one or both of those arts but I have been unable to find it in either art.

thank you also for the two sites. My computer keeps locking up when I try the hyper link so I will sign off now and go directly to the sites!