Please ad another stripe to the tigger

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well right now I'm oficially a 3rd Dan Black Belt with the tittle of Sabunim. The test was not to heavy but technically demandant, the basics were good, the poomsae with only one mishap (I was nervous I must say), my one steps and ho si sul perfect, my kyorugy good but finished very tired, my kyorugy vs 5 young black belts was something very weird because I had to grab several of them and took them to the ground trying to not be kicked the s..... out of me and then...... kyumpa (board breacking). I play safe this time so I only use one inch thick pine board with my elbow that went like hot knife over butter and then on inch thick pine board using yop chagui (side kick) with my good foot (lefth) but failed so I change to my hurt foot (right) and then..... f.....k!!! one of the guys holding the board release it upon impact!!!!! So I will have to do it againg and this time yelling loudI did it! Yes a little disconfort and pain afther this but my pride was up again.

Tomorrow I will get my new belt (more on this latter) and my certification.

About the new belt.... KwanJanim every black belt test give us a new embroided belt, however my eosin panther plain satin black belt will be in my waist for long time, it has served me well for the last 4 years and it has been my truly companion.. in the good and in the bad times.

Manny

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Muy bueno, mi amigo! Well done & congratulations!

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations Manny.

Sent from an old fashioned 300 baud acoustic modem by whistling into the handset. Really.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Rock on, Manny! Nice job.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Way to go Manny, congratulations.

As for what belt you where on your waist I understand having worn the same belt no matter my rank for years. It just feel right

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Nice one Manny. Hope circumstances allow you to continue your journey. Congratulations on your 3rd dan. I'm interested to hear your views on what the path to 4th dan entails. From what you've described about your training we have a lot in common.

Metal

Green Belt
Reaction score
Congrats! Yet I think you shouldn't have tried the dwit chagi kyeokpa more than twice. No belt or grade is worth hurting yourself or putting your health at risk. At the dan gradings here you have two attempts to break a board. If the second try fails then chances are quite high that the following attempts won't work, either. Plus the chances of injury rise as well.

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nice one Manny. Hope circumstances allow you to continue your journey. Congratulations on your 3rd dan. I'm interested to hear your views on what the path to 4th dan entails. From what you've described about your training we have a lot in common.

Yestarday my sabomin gave me my 3rd dan Black Belt nothing fancy just an adidas regular embroided black belt, the belt is nice and I really aprfeciate it, but I will using it as a parade belt I mean for seminars, tests, exhibitions (show), etc, I will use my gorgoreus eosin panther plain satin black belt for every day use.

Before the belts presentation we do regular class, my feet were killing me I had to use my tkd shoes, I think I am going to use them for a while and my training will be light till I feel confortable again, there is no rush for anithing right now.

My parents and wife and girls were with me last night, suporting me and very exited for the achievement of my goal, sambonim was very happy for all of us the new black belts and their families.

And now...... what? Well some rest my feet need it, I am going to drop my cholesterol levels I am on treatment right now, my cholesterol is not too high but it's better to drop it a little. For the 4th dan well my goal is to achieve it at my 50 birthday that's is in 3 years now from now what I have to do to achieve this? very simple... take care of my self this is a must, I have to keep droping weight, you know it, eat less but healthier and keep doing TKD/Martial Arts, improve my stamina and flexibility, I need to polish my poomsae, poomsae is a thing that I have to practice, practice and practice poomsae is very importante to me.
Basically loosing some bacon gainin some health and improving my TKD.

Manny

Latest Discussions