Used Black Belts

opr1945121 8

Master Black Belt
Some time back I purchased a used Karate black Belt from
Shorin ryu.



Then I came across another.


"
Left = Shikigamikan Budo Dojo

Right = ?Ninpo Taijutsu?

It’s a ninjutsu belt. For your own safety, burn it immediately!."

Now I have more.

1. https://www.ebay.com/itm/198093835421?_trkparms=amclksrc=ITM&aid=1110013&algo=HOMESPLICE.SIMRXI&ao=1&asc=20211130130958&meid=1b108ec229a849fab8020aaf3608b022&pid=101469&rk=1&rkt=4&sd=297902514130&itm=198093835421&pmt=1&noa=0&pg=3650466&algv=SimRXIVINativeV1WithMMV3&_trksid=p3650466.c101469.m2822&itmprp=cksum:1980938354211b108ec229a849fab8020aaf3608b022|enc:AQALAAABAEhOrv6w3e5LVQXFQRCjBR2unsQox1gHHA5%2B%2FC9rnzRieX1IgLbeS16bhhO4Ljh5ind4j57LxT0rSYKpPXjPvhp1JNyhX08SjXb%2F6mA5vtoBpg8O%2B7olS4B%2Fx6Ivr1WWq6b8AFGRSnf4tSOPgXi30aspD7LAA6CvPrGWtuLjIqzRKNNwhOogNmTfIoRFcSZk0AyKg6bVkElnM07Xb79nOecVGqjqCUyr6X4UKhBE0OVgyuCsnbKZrI%2Fz4BHq0l08HuutJU00666KoUWLoXO5tcICvwNVfLeGny0ocYi2actCpmQj5dHmZhPJrF3ZGa%2FgWqSd0UuBNd%2B3vaU0Y9a0%2FWA%3D|ampid:PL_CLK|clp:3650466&itmmeta=01KVVV36R5SB5K0T5J6ABH9SCJ
s-l140.webp

and this:
"

Description​

The price has been reduced slightly!

Size 5, width: about 4.5 cm, thickness: about 4.5 mm. The product is very good and hard,
The color has faded a little since I used it!

Since it is hard, the obi tends to come off easily, so we also include an obidome.

The second and third photos are of the model.

My name and the Kyokushinkaikan are clearly printed without any blemishes on the back.

When you purchase, I will remove the embroidery of my name!

No complaints will be accepted."

2. https://www.ebay.com/itm/198093835421?_trkparms=amclksrc=ITM&aid=1110013&algo=HOMESPLICE.SIMRXI&ao=1&asc=20211130130958&meid=1b108ec229a849fab8020aaf3608b022&pid=101469&rk=1&rkt=4&sd=297902514130&itm=198093835421&pmt=1&noa=0&pg=3650466&algv=SimRXIVINativeV1WithMMV3&_trksid=p3650466.c101469.m2822&itmprp=cksum:1980938354211b108ec229a849fab8020aaf3608b022|enc:AQALAAABAEhOrv6w3e5LVQXFQRCjBR2unsQox1gHHA5%2B%2FC9rnzRieX1IgLbeS16bhhO4Ljh5ind4j57LxT0rSYKpPXjPvhp1JNyhX08SjXb%2F6mA5vtoBpg8O%2B7olS4B%2Fx6Ivr1WWq6b8AFGRSnf4tSOPgXi30aspD7LAA6CvPrGWtuLjIqzRKNNwhOogNmTfIoRFcSZk0AyKg6bVkElnM07Xb79nOecVGqjqCUyr6X4UKhBE0OVgyuCsnbKZrI%2Fz4BHq0l08HuutJU00666KoUWLoXO5tcICvwNVfLeGny0ocYi2actCpmQj5dHmZhPJrF3ZGa%2FgWqSd0UuBNd%2B3vaU0Y9a0%2FWA%3D|ampid:PL_CLK|clp:3650466&itmmeta=01KVVV36R5SB5K0T5J6ABH9SCJ

3. https://www.ebay.com/itm/406880039658?_trkparms=amclksrc=ITM&aid=1110013&algo=HOMESPLICE.SIMRXI&ao=1&asc=20211130130958&meid=1b108ec229a849fab8020aaf3608b022&pid=101469&rk=3&rkt=4&sd=297902514130&itm=406880039658&pmt=1&noa=0&pg=3650466&algv=SimRXIVINativeV1WithMMV3&_trksid=p3650466.c101469.m2822&itmprp=cksum:4068800396581b108ec229a849fab8020aaf3608b022|enc:AQALAAABAEhOrv6w3e5LVQXFQRCjBR2unsQox1gHHA5%2B%2FC9rnzRivwhndy2AfZp4gJJYO%2BIa8TfbR6WX4p3vsXawaERHAfm9T8rwCqQ2kmXjU9%2F9PMRXQ2i3%2FVSLSAz%2FaFm%2Fsc92VfbtakNZfS6EbI23iT4k4YfeN2VZDWmmfvsvVeKvrttBiLsafLa%2FwMu%2BWk9KyqxuvWThrQVfO75t1YDpr%2FHh%2FxyZkhQ4JBp1ECPSvghKQo9Mcn94EcC6kQ7EIPgI72%2BrJq%2FR7Ud%2FrRn72qoNG%2F%2Bn4TDwBof81OqyCqh%2BtwHs%2FCGeZ%2BKctgMBicVhyUe0GUkrB5lRMpeWKy6qUx2vYV9qgvQ%3D|ampid:PL_CLK|clp:3650466&itmmeta=01KVVV36R5FR3AJT8YR00NFGMX


4. https://www.ebay.com/itm/206316710886?_trkparms=itmf=1&aid=1110006&rkt=4&asc=308846,309368&mech=1&algv=SimVIDwebV4WithCtxRankerV1UnifiedFeaturesWithAuctionUnificationKatReco&pmt=1&amclksrc=ITM&sd=198093835421&sid=AQALAAAAEL+Y5389q32clUpH0VqLrD0=&itm=206316710886&noa=0&plcampt=0:164388154014&algo=HOMESPLICE.SIM&ao=1&rk=3&pid=101875&b=1&mehot=none&lsid=2&meid=6e672f25ee5945fd9e1b5e00c064c391&pg=2332490&_trksid=p2332490.c101875.m1851&itmprp=cksum:2063167108866e672f25ee5945fd9e1b5e00c064c391|enc:AQALAAABMMA0Og2ij4FjSazQGxuOVMqkQbuD154JAxn1UOi5bMOS8wVwhJcrlHDJpmO54TbaJhEQ8giNg7TrlKMnojPQLVz46fh0hLq3kmS8BAuFzSTBpKSlsLaVkxekjFdS2DiiYd%2Ft2rsoCvn2aku5eitsFiq1NjNGdT3IGLYI9piW3pk6%2FpaK1TBh9g9aEU%2BGY8blsuNTJsnVnFu83OhTXg1hslkMWxqPQO17gxMKNiP0DgcaMY9szVHWqtVBiDjwnG88TQrb7dszlpz%2FS4gSYOj8NAJJ83iRn46gw%2BtfSnWkhSOWxrykc9%2F2dx8IzGcQxowC5usdXIhZ6Cx1bPvHeRbePMN3PVGsv8Cum%2BYegrsBD07TXhk5rdzb6XbgcS5LO7O9wV5TnU%2BASbDvCI36kCNTFrE%3D|ampid:PL_CLK|clp:2332490&itmmeta=01KVVV3FZV1FNHNRPKMFZ8GGYV


A,,,,,,One time I bought Gi with a style name embroidered on jacket chest. I picked the embroidery off of jacket. It was long and tedious work with a bad outcome. The area was very beat up looking. So, I purchased similar denim and put a patch over the area, Looked pretty good. But, to do that on a used belt would be problematic. Especially for $964.71 when nice new ones can be had for much less.

B,,,..,The two I purchased were about US$20-30.00. Almost $1000.00 seems way to high for an embroidered black belt?

C,,,,,,I guess they are more common than I thought?

D,,,,,,The posting says us dollars. Perhaps seller ment to list price in a different currency??
 
Last edited:
I found a shadow box in my garage which I plan to use to display the ones I have, when I get around to it. Thanks.
 
$964.71 for a used black belt that wasn’t even handled by Gichin Funakoshi -> Hironori Ohtsuka-> Tatsuo Suzuki? 😳

Avoid at all costs ($964.71 in fact)
 
It is posted as

"US $964.71or Best Offer
Was US $1,015.48 (5% off)Price details
as low as $86.61/mo with Learn more"

I sent email to seller asking to verify selling price.
 
Actually the expensive belts ha only 2 sellers. So I emailed them both.
 
Why don’t you commission a brand new, embroidered blackbelt just for yourself? It’d cost a fraction of the above and be unique and personal to you.
 
Buy a new size/width belt you want from your preferred supplier. If they do not embroider, find the supplier for you local school systems sports teams. Easy-peasy and a fraction of the cost.
 
Why don’t you commission a brand new, embroidered blackbelt just for yourself? It’d cost a fraction of the above and be unique and personal to you.
Actually, I have done that, sort of. The county senior where I live has a hobby room for seniors One of the many things they offer is an embrodery machine. I took the belt from my bathrobe of several years and had them embroidery a Japanese saying in Kanji on it. They charge by the 1000 stitches. To embroidery the 11 characters was around $3.00 USD.
 
Actually, I have done that, sort of. The county senior where I live has a hobby room for seniors One of the many things they offer is an embrodery machine. I took the belt from my bathrobe of several years and had them embroidery a Japanese saying in Kanji on it. They charge by the 1000 stitches. To embroidery the 11 characters was around $3.00 USD.
try to sell it online, might make some good $$$
 
Honestly the wild part is going from hunting $1000 used belts to realizing you could just make what you want for like $3. That's kind of the whole thing right there.
 
Do people actually buy second hand blackbelts for those kind of prices? Like I’ve said before you could get your own embroidered belt with anything you want on it for a fraction of the cost.
I think we need to ā€˜stage an intervention’ and rescue you from looking at these listings!
 
Last edited:
Back
Top