Petty Officer Michael Noeth, USN - September 11, 2001

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
To fellow artist Micheale Noeth. You and I were online friends at the Cennini forum. I remember sending you information on obtaining the much desired Andre Loomis book "Creative Illustration". You sent me an e-mail on September 10, 2001 where you stated that the book would take you " a lifetime" to master. You were killed on September 11, 2001 at the attack on the Pentagon where you were currently serving as a Navy non-Commissioned Officer. I miss you and your lack of tolerance for the all too common "artistic b.s.". In your name and memory, I spent four years as a volunteer for the Coast Guard (the only service that would take me) patrolling ports and standing watch at Coast Guard Stations:

MICHAEL

To you. May we share a drink when this life is over for me as well. I miss you, brother. You were my better.

I think you did your friend proud with how you chose to honor his memory. There will be a lot of glasses raised in rememberance tommorow.

:asian:

I agree with Don. You honored his memory well.

A very fitting and moving tribute to a man who sounded to be one of the 'good' ones - all I can say or do, if it is not presumptuous to do so, is share a tear for his loss.

Latest Discussions

Back