Parker vs. Tracy Systems?

KenpoDave

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Danjo said:
Another off the wall assertion by Will Tracy (and by the rest of the Tracy camp) is that Mitose was taught by his sister who supposedly out ranked him in Kenpo.

No, Dan, you have made that up. What we claim is that the girl in the book is Mitose's sister and that she was of equal status or rank to him. Gary then asked if anyone thought that perhaps she was his teacher. As far as I know, no one answered.

Well, they use the idea that since Mitose was uke for this "unknown girl" in his first book, that the girl must have been his superior due to the fact that the Japanese were very strict about protocol etc. and that a Master would never uke for his student.

Almost true. She was his equal in rank.

1) Sijo Emperado says that the girl in the photograph was Mitose's girlfriend and that everyone knew her.

But Lisa Chun said it was his sister.

2) The idea that someone would not uke in for a woman in a sequence that was designed to demonstrate "women's self defense" is proven wrong by the fact that Okazaki did the same thing in his book in 1929 by using Watanabe as uke for some unknown female.

"Someone" and a japanese man following a strict protocol are not the same thing.

Dan, you're just making a bunch of stuff up, and I am not sure what it has to do with the topic.

To everyone else, don't take my word for it, the threads are all there over at www.sanjosekenpo.com

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
Energy would be better used for breaking down a technique, than breaking down a man or history.

Both men had their own ideas. That is what made them human.

I have studied both styles and found them both to be fulfilling. Great people in both "camps"

In the words of Rodney King- "Can't we all just get along?" :)

Happy birthday Danjo!

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
No, Dan, you have made that up. What we claim is that the girl in the book is Mitose's sister and that she was of equal status or rank to him. Gary then asked if anyone thought that perhaps she was his teacher. As far as I know, no one answered.

My mistake then. So you all claim she was of equal rank? Sigh

Almost true. She was his equal in rank.

See above

But Lisa Chun said it was his sister.

She was wrong. The photos don't even match.

"Someone" and a japanese man following a strict protocol are not the same thing.

Where is your evidence that Mitose was following strict protocol any more than Okazaki or Watanabe? After all, Mitose was already teaching non-Asians which was a breach in their protocol.

Dan, you're just making a bunch of stuff up, and I am not sure what it has to do with the topic.

Bunch? That means more than one thing right?

To everyone else, don't take my word for it, the threads are all there over at www.sanjosekenpo.com

Yes, Please go over there and watch the Kool-Aid drinking take place :)

KenpoDave

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Danjo said:
My mistake then. So you all claim she was of equal rank? Sigh

Those of us on the board seem to be in agreement on that point.

She was wrong. The photos don't even match.

I can't tell from the photos I have seen. Too old and scratchy. But Ms. Chun knew plenty of stuff. I talked to her first hand. Did you talk to Emperado?

Where is your evidence that Mitose was following strict protocol any more than Okazaki or Watanabe? After all, Mitose was already teaching non-Asians which was a breach in their protocol.

You are correct about the non-asians being a breach of japanese protocol, though it is in line with the political leanings of the Yoshidas who were not so isolationist. As far as evidence towards the former, where else in the book is their a breach of that protocol? Every other photo in the entire book follows the protocol of a senior never ukeing for a junior. That one photo could have been thrown is because the original for the sequence was bad, or it could have been placed on purpose. The latter is more in line with the type of stuff that Mitose told Ray Arquilla.

Bunch? That means more than one thing right?

Yes, it does. And thanks for admitting that you made at least one thing up. It is a step in the right direction.

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I think that people should be able to get a feel for what goes on over there now. Thanks Dave.

hongkongfooey

Black Belt
Reaction score
bushidomartialarts said:
i feel there's less solidarity in the tracy line where i live now (in fact, that's how i ended up in epak. i moved and the three tracy teachers in town all focused on what jerks the other two were. unimpressed i went to the epak school). that may be different in other parts of the country.

Welcome to Kenpo in the 21st century. This kind of thing is the same all over. Kenpo is destined to be the new Tae Kwon Do. That's why I am glad that my school is independent of the political BS.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
hongkongfooey said:
Welcome to Kenpo in the 21st century. This kind of thing is the same all over. Kenpo is destined to be the new Tae Kwon Do. That's why I am glad that my school is independent of the political BS.
Time will tell; eventualy, the black belts you have around you or some colored belts for that matter will start there own schools and politics will follow.
Sean

Latest Discussions