Pants for training?

crazydiamond

Purple Belt
Reaction score
My school provided a pair of black sweat pants and shirt. I find the sweatpants awkward to move in and the keep up.

Can anyone provide a link to an online store selling good pair of basic black martial arts pants for workouts. Its winter here in the Midwest, so nothing too lightweight as I would like to wear them on the drive over and from parking lot into the school.

Someone had mentioned Dobok elastic pants, but not sure were to buy these from or which brands are good. I see century has a line of pants as well.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are in the UK, Blitz Sport are good. Use then myself and have a few uniform options. As I say though, don't know what their overseas policy is.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are in the UK, Blitz Sport are good. Use then myself and have a few uniform options. As I say though, don't know what their overseas policy is.

LOL, if he were in the UK we'd tell him definitely wear pants when training, not thongs though :D

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
My school provided a pair of black sweat pants and shirt. I find the sweatpants awkward to move in and the keep up.

Can anyone provide a link to an online store selling good pair of basic black martial arts pants for workouts.
Century Martial Arts
Bold Look
Asian World Martial Arts
Amazon (have most all brands)
Macho
gungfu.com
kungfu4less
Blackbeltshop
karate.com

and many more!

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd suggest trying a different pair of sweats. It really sounds to me like you've just got the wrong size, though different brands are sometimes cut differently and you might find one that you like better. Stay with black unless the school approves of different colors...

There's no magic in the "real" martial arts pants -- and they're often stupidly expensive for a glorified pair of sweats. Note that this doesn't apply to actual uniforms like for karate or TKD, or the high end kung fu uniforms -- and even then, the only real "magic" is they look like everybody else's in the class. Personally -- I use sweats on a routine basis, and only use the funny looking PJs of the formal uniform for special events and the like.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
i use macho brand gi and would say its a good gi(i like their heavyweight gi)

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Does anybody do them in an elastic crotch?

because that works a treat on mma shorts

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have these work out pants from the company starter, they have a draw string and everything and they look just like gi pants.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I buy my dobak pants from Century. I particularly like THESE because of the pockets. I carry my iPhone during class (not for txting... I use Coaches Eye a lot) so it's nice to have pockets.

Latest Discussions