Ontario prostitution laws could be lifted Saturday

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't care what anyone says...I do need "having an off menu happy meal with asian twins dressed in red patten leather thigh high stillettos and PVC bondage gear" but my mean wife won't let me have it. I tried holding my breath til I turned blue, but all she said was "batteries". I knew then that I could never compete against something powered by Briggs n Stratton. :(

What man can compete with power-tools?

Your Brother
The Energizer Bunny-Wanabe
John

teekin

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Brother John, see, I knew you delved into the Wiki for that Maslow. The Maslow I know is from studying the actual published works, not just the interpretations that are on Wiki. If you look at the raw data Maslow's experiments generated and the evolution of Maslow's hypothosis over time as he followed other Behaviorists experiments and studied their conclusions you'd have better idea why I say leave the Psyche OUT when speaking of Maslow. If you want to talk about behavoirists remember the Grand Daddy of all behavoirists is Pavlov. The idea remains the same, except this time when I ring the bell instead of a cooked prime rib, the reward, while still warm and moist, is a bit more Raw. :p

If you want to bring emotion into this you can't quote Behaviorists. You need to go to the Humanists. Don't Wiki Harlow. Read Harlow. ( I know, who has time to actually read a book anymore. :shrug: )

lori

teekin

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I don't care what anyone says...I do need "having an off menu happy meal with asian twins dressed in red patten leather thigh high stillettos and PVC bondage gear" but my mean wife won't let me have it. I tried holding my breath til I turned blue, but all she said was "batteries". I knew then that I could never compete against something powered by Briggs n Stratton. :(

Her toys know how to talk dirty to her? Cooooooolllllll!

lori

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Her toys know how to talk dirty to her? Cooooooolllllll!

lori
No, I think it has to do with they listen and never interrupt and never contradict and never try to fix things. I could be wrong.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nothing with batteries is ever going to replace thirty years of guitar playing ...

{looks innocent}

I reckon we're straying away from the OP a bit now mind you {entertaining as it is :D}.

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:chuckles: Aye he does that sometimes, especially if he's feeling naughty after watching certain AC/DC videos :D.

The Last Legionary

All warfare is based on deception.<br><b>nemo malu
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You people need to stop following fat men playing flutes.
Especially when they couldn't carry a tune in a bucket.

The Last Legionary

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well then how is he ever gonna complete the deal with the hookers?

OH! You mean the one on his shoulders! Better idea, easier target.

:rofl:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Somewhat back on topic, the menu at the Moonlight Bunny Ranch is an interesting read.

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
Brother John, see, I knew you delved into the Wiki for that Maslow. The Maslow I know is from studying the actual published works, not just the interpretations that are on Wiki. If you look at the raw data Maslow's experiments generated and the evolution of Maslow's hypothosis over time as he followed other Behaviorists experiments and studied their conclusions you'd have better idea why I say leave the Psyche OUT when speaking of Maslow. If you want to talk about behavoirists remember the Grand Daddy of all behavoirists is Pavlov. The idea remains the same, except this time when I ring the bell instead of a cooked prime rib, the reward, while still warm and moist, is a bit more Raw. :p

If you want to bring emotion into this you can't quote Behaviorists. You need to go to the Humanists. Don't Wiki Harlow. Read Harlow. ( I know, who has time to actually read a book anymore. :shrug: )

lori

Lori-

You kind of proved my concern true: that by using wikipedia as a reference you may try to skew it to seem that I've never bothered to actually read Maslow. But I have. Lucky for me I made LOTS of "time to read a book"....or many books.... while majoring in psychology. I merely used wikipedia as a quick and easy "Here look at this" reference for the many who may read this and wonder what I was talking about. They're not always "RIGHT"....but WP does tend to sum things up fairly decently.

It's odd; from the way you talk of him it would seem that you think of Maslow as a Behaviorist. Couldn't be further from the truth. He was at the vanguard of the Humanistic Pschology movement; which was a reaction against the cold impersonal "Behaviorists", though he looked into and I think appreciated Cognitive Psychologists like Piaget and such.
Later Maslow formed what he called the "4th Force" in Pschology, the "Transpersonal" Psychology. A later example of this would be Ken Wilber.

I have read several, but not all, of Maslow's own works.......for myself........and enjoyed them.
It doesn't sound like your as familiar with Maslow if you think that a man who delved into the "Meaningful Context" of man's needs and how he meets them........also views human's along the same lines as behaviorists or "like lizards"....
ewww...

Anyway: I think that Maslow would be agahst if someone suggested that prostitution was a viable means of meeting the basic needs of either the prostitute OR the "John"...

Hate it that the name gets used like that.

Your Brother
John
PS: Maslow's works I have read (first hand) Toward a Psychology of Being (1968), Motivation and Personality (1970 The Further Reaches of Human Nature (1971).
That's all...

The Last Legionary

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Can I just say, I love the Moonlight Bunny Ranch? If it wasn't for them, I don't know what I'd do when I visit Nevada.

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Nothing with batteries is ever going to replace thirty years of guitar playing ...

{looks innocent}

I reckon we're straying away from the OP a bit now mind you {entertaining as it is :D}.

LOL!!

It`s funny you should say that. As I was reading some of the posts leading up to yours I kept thinking "When a toy learns how to bring homemade chicken soup to a girl with a cold, or how to cook a perfect roast, lasagna, or cheesecake while she`s studying for exams.....then I`ll start to worry. Until then I`m good thanks."

I`m also reminded of what actor Charlie Sheen said years ago when they asked him why a rich, goodlooking famous guy like him needed to pay for prostitutes to have sex with him. "I`m not paying them to have sex, I`m paying them to leave afterwards." It`s a sad statement......but when he said it a little lightbuld of understanding went on over the head of every guy I knew.

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh my, that is a sad thing {for Mr. Sheen} to say indeed :(.

I have argued that I am for the legalisation of prostitution, largely for the benefit of those who ply the trade rather than those that make 'use' of it.

At the end of the day tho', until such time my missus is dead and I am too ugly for my charm to counterbalance that physical lack in the dance of romance, it is not a service I could ever see myself engaging. That does not mean tho' that I would deny such a legal transaction to others (I do have issues with the current not-quite-legal-not-quite-illegal state of affairs).

I do agree, giving due note to the disbelief expressed earlier, that sex is a 'need' for some people (male or female) for a variety of physiological/psychlogical reasons. It is not so much a 'necessity' for most of us for physical health but psychological well-being is a whole other story.

Sublimation of the sex drive can have all kinds of effects that depend on the individual. For some, it results in the diversion of all that energy into another creative avenue. For others it is a non-event or results in some relatively minor personality dysfunction. For a, blessedly small, number it is a 'blocked channel' that results in release through violence or other deviant behaviour.

The final summation is that sex is a primary function of our being alive. The selfish gene does not care a whit about all our discourses on the matter - it just wants to pass it's immortal self on through us to another generation. If we do not do that for it, we are of no use to it. That lack of 'utility' has consequences for us as an organism.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the US, "Hooker" is a slang term originally used to describe the "camp followers" that tagged along with U.S. General Hooker during our little internal disturbance in the 1860's. "Hookers Girls", later shortened to just "Hookers".

It's also used to describe wrestlers I hear, though real hookers in pro-wrestling are scares these days, as most are now acrobats and bad actors.

This moment of education is brought to you by KY Jelly. Don't be dry, use KY!

:D