One weapon only? - Exludes ALL firearms

Old Iowa Man

Reaction score
A newbie to the forum so I apologize if this thread is found uninteresting, and if so PLEASE tell me how to delete it - You can choose ONLY ONE weapon for home (firearms excluded) - Which one would be your preference? If you want to give a reason that might help newbies too - Just food for thought.

pgsmith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Dog, because the vast majority of home invaders will avoid any place that has a barking dog.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I have a kubotan in the key bowl. Nobody knows what it is, it looks harmless and is very effective. If someone takes it from me the chances are they can't use it effectively against me, unlike for example a knife or a baton.
:asian:

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cell phone but until help arrives, a baseball bat. I had a lot of practice with it when I was a kid........... :)

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I you cant have a gun then a solid core bedroom door with several locks and a reinforced door frame better to run and hide then to bring a knife, sword, bat, hammer ect to a gun fight and I always assume if you broke into my home you have a gun so I choose a bigger gun then you

OP
Old Iowa Man

Old Iowa Man

Reaction score
Lots of good answers - Our dog is still growing at 105 pounds and I have a variety of kubatons, clubs, bats, canes, knives, etc., in every part of the house - The dog stays out side in a kennel unless we're out side with him but he's a GREAT alarm system!

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Big torch. Let's me see who I am hitting.doesn't put me in too much trouble with the cops.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
A "weapon"? Easy...a good fixed blade knife.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Almost shot a guy last week he had a big hammer. Pretty intimidating. His down fall was bringing a hammer to a gun fight. when I explained his outcome if he didn't drop the hammer and I dropped mine he wisely decided to dropit. So a big hammer or tactical tomahawk like this
http://www.brownsafe.com/blog/top-10-tactical-tomahawks/ would probably freak someone out

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
A newbie to the forum so I apologize if this thread is found uninteresting, and if so PLEASE tell me how to delete it - You can choose ONLY ONE weapon for home (firearms excluded) - Which one would be your preference? If you want to give a reason that might help newbies too - Just food for thought.

I'd choose a small bludgeoning weapon. Knives can get stuck in things, and it can take some effort to wrench them free.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Shortsword with good thrusting or slashing options, I have a couple good Filipino swords that fit the bill, but a good gladius would work just fine.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
for me one of the many edged weapons
for my wife a small baseball bat or her small iron frying pan

Latest Discussions