Not that Im a big believer in "Info Wars"...

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
...but if even half of what this CNN reporter is saying is true, we have BIG trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My favourite ranter, Alex Jones, covers a lot of topics, not always as closely tied to reality as they could be. But he hits home on some things that genuinely carry weight too.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
...but if even half of what this CNN reporter is saying is true, we have BIG trouble.

I believe that is Amber Lyon. I heard that interview and wow, it's explosive. Foreign governments paying networks to not cover their massacres, officials from our government pressuring CNN to bury certain stories, and corporations paying for news reports that are favorable...this is why I have a new line in my sig.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Tgace

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
“We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false.”

Thing is though...it's not even like this is about any "program" as much as it looks like the "best news money can buy....".

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
“We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false.”

Thing is though...it's not even like this is about any "program" as much as it looks like the "best news money can buy....".

There have been, and currently are, many different types of "programs" where the government pays for the kind of media that it wants. From the Pentagon funding movies that show the military in a positive light, to the CIA inserting news stories to get various reactions overseas, to the White House actually vetting stories for the New York Times...it's really bad and the end result is that you can't really trust what these sources are telling you.

That said, as far as getting "rewarded" for being a mouthpiece goes, I'm pretty sure a good chunk of TARP money, to the tune of 25 million, went to the MSM.

BTW - Amber Lyon did a three hour interview with Joe Rogan on his podcast. They get a lot deeper into all of the issues in that interview if you are interested.

kitkatninja

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Exposing the "enemy" is one thing, exposing your allies (especially those that have things that you want/need, eg oil) is another thing...

It's all about "protecting" the country's own interest.

Latest Discussions