Aubrey J West

White Belt
Reaction score
So I'm big into martial arts and i chose to look into ninjutsu did my research and studied I'm from Jacksonville, fl there's no ninjutsu dojos here but I went on ninjatrainingtv.com and started purchasing individual ranks to study at home kinda like a online dojo better than nothing right? Is there any other "ninjas" in Jacksonville, fl looking to train in bujinkan budo taijutsu I have the 9th and 8th kyu training video that I purchased online to become a ninja. Best thing is if you train from this website study the material first like I'm doing then purchase the bujinkan membership good for a year then it have to be renewed purchase test and make a video of yourself doing the material you will receive feedback if you're awarded the rank.

Last edited:

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
When you say better than nothing my opinion yes it’s better than nothing in the sense that your being active and getting some exercise and engaging your mind. But for actually learning a martial art I don’t believe so. Simply because you will make mistakes watching videos and you won’t have anyone to correct so you’ll continue doing it the wrong way which you believe. This will in turn develop bad habits and when you do start at a real school you’ll have all those bad habits to unlearn which is a loooonnnggg process.

now by all means do it of course. I mean hey it’s better than sitting on your butt drinking beer and eating junk but just bear in mind even though you may feel you are doing it right there will still be a lot of mistakes your doing.

but best of luck hope you find something

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I actually believe that doing push-ups and sit-ups on the living room floor would be a better way to spend the time and energy.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Might be more worth your while to contact Jim Tafralian from Florida Bujinkan Directory

His websites not up anymore, but if you contact him, he might know if one of his students teaches (or if the group is still active just not with an online presence anymore).

Also keep in mind whether you do it in person or over the video, training ninjutsu won't make you a 'ninja' anymore than training HEMA would make you a knight, or training kendo (or more accurately japanese archery) would turn you into a samurai.

OP
A

Aubrey J West

White Belt
Reaction score
When you say better than nothing my opinion yes it’s better than nothing in the sense that your being active and getting some exercise and engaging your mind. But for actually learning a martial art I don’t believe so. Simply because you will make mistakes watching videos and you won’t have anyone to correct so you’ll continue doing it the wrong way which you believe. This will in turn develop bad habits and when you do start at a real school you’ll have all those bad habits to unlearn which is a loooonnnggg process.

now by all means do it of course. I mean hey it’s better than sitting on your butt drinking beer and eating junk but just bear in mind even though you may feel you are doing it right there will still be a lot of mistakes your doing.

but best of luck hope you find something
You're absolutely right I guess I'm **** outta luck then unless I can find myself learning in person

Latest Discussions