New to Martial Talk....

NYFIGHTSOURCE

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hi Everyone...

Great to find this forum. Loaded with a wealth of information. Martial arts has always been a part of my life. I have been involved for 30+ years. It's become a way of life. I started off doing Judo with my Uncle. Then migrated to Fu Jow Pai with is a Chinese martial art which is a tiger style. I also did and competed in Tae Kwon Do. In college I continued martial arts as a hobby. I joined several groups that was a college that had numerous people with numerous styles. We all shared and learned. I continued training after college and was always active in the martial arts world. A dozen or so years ago I started Jeet Kune Do. And I have continued training JKD. I love martial arts. I found JKD to be exactly what I wanted. I have gone and trained with a lot of Bruce Lee original students and numerous of his 2nd and third generation students. I was awarded Full instructor from my primary instructor and asked to take the school over. I continue to teach for my own personal enjoyment of the art. Additionally I started to train in grappling arts. Something I thought I lacked.
My motto..... "Always a student.!!!" I have learned so much from teaching. It's been a blessing.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to MT. I look forward to seeing your contributions. We argue and bicker a lot here, sometimes make sense, and often make a lot of fuss over small matters that only matter to us.

In other words, a lot of fun!

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hey there,

I visited the site last night, and the place looks awesome. It skipped my mind to ask if you had a wooden dummy there! I know the form, but I have to put some finishing touches on my own before I can really use it.

Latest Discussions