Hello, hello!

JKDWay

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forum, so I thought I'd post here. In terms of career, I'm a pianist and a writer, but I've loved the martial arts for about 17 years now... so, most of my life! haha :)

I started off at a McDojo, unfortunately, learning Kenpo. My enthusiasm dwindled and I dropped out after about a year. From there, I was fortunate enough to secure some private lessons in Jeet Kune Do and Ninpo, which I loved infinitely more.

I also started Tai Chi, but my training stopped for a few years during college - I'd continue to read about the martial arts and self-defense, but I wasn't actively training.

I started back up again this summer, refreshing my JKD and such, but also venturing into fresh territory with Krav Maga, Muay Thai, Brazilian Jujitsu and a smattering of Aikido and Wing Chun.

Anyway, that's where I am and I look forward to my time here!

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk home of a gazillion posts (ok not quite that many... but we're getting there!!)... Enjoy and happy posting.
Be sure to use the search engine...it's one of the finest on the net.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to Martial Talk. Enjoy!

TwentyThree

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hi, and welcome!

Which style of Tai Chi? I practiced a while in Vegas with a Chen-style teacher, then for a while with a Yang-style teacher. I preferred the Chen style.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT..

OP
J

JKDWay

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi, and welcome!

Which style of Tai Chi? I practiced a while in Vegas with a Chen-style teacher, then for a while with a Yang-style teacher. I preferred the Chen style.
Tai Chi Chuan is all I was told, though I learned one complete form - though I don't remember the whole thing anymore - called Cheng Man-Ching, I think.

Latest Discussions